Buds and flowers..

Pawling, NY(Zone 5b)

I travel 24/7 so going home is aways a surprise.. I got home this past weekend and guess what I found.. :) Unfortunately, I also found I missed two other flower that I had to dead head..

Thumbnail by lcosden
Pawling, NY(Zone 5b)

I also found a bud on my hosta here (toward the top left on the plant)

Thumbnail by lcosden
Pawling, NY(Zone 5b)

and another bud on my mockorange too..

Thumbnail by lcosden
Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

What nice gifts to come home to!

Harper

Pawling, NY(Zone 5b)

Yeah.. but I'm thinking I'm gonna miss the hosta and mockorange bloom. **poo** But at least I got to see this dahlia in all it's glory, even if I missed her other two sisters..

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Bummer! My MIL has a night blooming cereus that she truly believes waits for her to leave so it can bloom. She comes home to see the spent blooms drooping too often!

Pawling, NY(Zone 5b)

LOL.. That's too funny. I'm not sure about the flowers waiting for me to leave but I have my blueberries that blooms and fruits whenever wer're home but when it's aways ripens and drops when I'm gone. So my fruits are doing that.. :)

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Oh, no!

(Zone 4a)

Very pretty! I love that shade of pink!

Pawling, NY(Zone 5b)

Thank you.. I was surpised. I bought it in a container gardening kit and it wasn't labelled.. I thought it was going to be some sort of washed out yellow or white. Boy was the color a pleasant surpise.. :)

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Very pretty. Is that a little leaf miner damage?

Pawling, NY(Zone 5b)

Victor. Good eye. I didn't even notice that. When I get home next week, I will get rid of those leaves. Hopefully, it doesn't take out the entire plant in my absense.. :(

They make the coolest patterns though.

Pawling, NY(Zone 5b)

Victor, you would think that way.. LOL...

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Yeah, you could. I'm giving up on my Columbines after this year. The leaf miners destroy them.

Pawling, NY(Zone 5b)

Sofonisba, I had leaf miner problems with my colombines last year too. They recovered fine after I picked off the bad leaves. But I still lost them to the deers. Apparantly, colombines are not only liked by leaf miners but also by the deers. They didn't survive the deer attack..

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

I did pluck the leaves this year. The poor plants were naked! Last year, there wasn't one leaf without the dreaded leaf miner mark. Ugh. I'm still giving up on them, even though I don't have deer. (keeping fingers crossed about that last one!)

Pawling, NY(Zone 5b)

Sofonisba, if it's such a bad problem for you, check out this website. Parasitic wasps are suppose to be a natural enemy of leaf miners..

http://www.eartheasy.com/grow_garden_insectary.htm

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Thanks Icosden. I bookmarked that site. Wonderful!

I get them on mine - but usually after the flowers are on their way out.

Pawling, NY(Zone 5b)

Victor, I always get them in July and August. Gee, I guess that's like right now.. I usually just pull off the leaves though.. I am thinking about doing an insectary garden to get some beneficial insects to my place...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.