what perennial starts with A

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

The plant name begins with As....... and it full sun, pinkish, looks very much like a salvia with a square stem? About 18 inches tall.
Kathy

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

agastache (sp)

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I do think that's it. For some reason I thought it actually began with As..... Does the agastache have a square type stem? My co-worker and I walked the hort gardens at Va Tech on our break. This plant wasn't named but we found one of the caretakers who looked it up in one of the books. I really thought it was As......but I guess I'm wrong. The leaf looks like this plants but the colors are somewhat different but that could be any number of things.

There's another plant that has purple tassels on top - almost like the tassels on perennial grasses. Any idea?

Kathy

Lawrenceville, GA

Astible?

Thumbnail by heyitsmejudy
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

No, I have this pink Astible? You're like me - I can't spell these names. But the plant I'm looking for is more like salvia or veronica.

Lawrenceville, GA

nevermind... not worth it

This message was edited Jul 30, 2007 4:37 PM

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

not sure is the agastache has a square stem...

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I've searched high and low. It's driving me nuts....didn't have far to go. I really believe it was As......but who knows. Things like this drive me nuts. The agastache looks close.

West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes, Agastache's stem is square, like a matchstick. I just checked. Don't know about your plant though

This message was edited Jul 30, 2007 4:45 PM

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Then that is the plant! Thanks everyone.

Kathy

Thornton, IL

The common name is Anise hyssop, to confuse you even further. :>)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.