APRON with huge KANGEROO POUCH for gathering anything which

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I don't want or need. This thing has a gigantic pocket to fill with cut flowers or gathered veggies or compostable clippings. I will be very happy to trade it for just about anything! The idea was to protect me and my wheelchair from some of the dirt with which I seem to end up coated. I thought it had a lot of little pockets for tools and seeds, not one huge, really big, large, gigantic one. I got it from Miles Kimball.

[HYPERLINK@www.mileskimball.com]

It's hard to know what forum this belongs on, so I'm sticking it here. I'd be delighted to trade it for some plant or plant-type thing, but I'd sooner give it away than have it clutter up my house any longer!

x, C

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

hi-
I tried the link, but it didn't work...can you tell me what the product is called on their site, so I can look it up?
thanks!
-T

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

I'd love to have it, Carie! It looks hot for this time of year, but I bet it would be handy in fall or early spring.

Did you want seeds or what? I have some books -- a set of three I can trade. They are new -- I bought double -- one for my SIL, but I can trade them away and give her something else. They are all softcover and the last two are smaller - like the cookbooks at the grocery store checkout.
Gifts for Bird Lovers, Over 50 Projects to Make and Give;
Creating a Bird Watcher's Journal
Handfeeding Chickadees

Suzy

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

"Trim'n'snip garden apron" on mileskimball.com it worked on another post - darn!

Suzy, no seeds for me, please, and I'm not interested in birds yet, I've only just started butterflies!!

Seedpicker, what would you like to trade (if you like it)?

xx, Carrie

Piedmont, SC(Zone 7b)

I would love to have it. I am a seamstress and will make you an apron with pockets. I have the fabric.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Wow, you are a seamstress? How much do you charge? I used to be able to sow and made all my own curtains, pillow covers, fancy dresses, wedding dresses, etc. Now I just think up gorgeous things and then try to find them online. And garden.

In fact, i have a big package in my bedroom right now (which has been there for a while) from joannfabric.com containing sunbrella (it was on sale with free shipping - what could I do?) for somebody to make new cushions for the patio furniture.

Could you make me a smock that would cover lots of my front and keep the dirt out from between my legs as well as with pockets?

Piedmont, SC(Zone 7b)

Sure I can.

Piedmont, SC(Zone 7b)

Maybe the bottom should hook to something so it doesn't get caught under your wheels. I have dark blue fabric(not navy) or burgandy fabric.

This message was edited Aug 1, 2007 1:48 PM

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

ooh, I DON'T like NAVY but I do like blue. It doesn't need to be SO long - I can wear an ankle-length dress and it doesn't get caught in my wheels (but I never ever wear dresses). My second wedding I wore an ankle-length dress (and I almost attached a train to the back of the WC).

Did you look on the mileskimball site, smokey?

Piedmont, SC(Zone 7b)

Yes, I did. I almost ordered one a few weeks ago. lol

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

LOL, well then this is a match made in Heaven!

xx, C

Piedmont, SC(Zone 7b)

Should we D-mail now to work out the design off your apron?

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Just getting back on here...happy to see you've arranged a nice swap.
:0)

That's a shame -- I was going to sew Carrie a whole new set of cushions for her patio furntiure -- oh well.

ROTFL!

Suzy

You know I was just teasing you, right? )I can't even thread the machine, much less get it to go!) LOL!

Suzy

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Darn it. Actually I was busy measuring ALL my patio furniture and planning a new coordinating awning as well as an umbrella in contrasting plaid. Suzy, it's not NICE to tease MOTHER NATURE!!!! (thunder and lightening!!!!!!!) lol

xx, Carrie

Ah, That's more like what I was expecting :)

Suzy

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

am i getting a reputation???

xx, C

Only for being fun. :)

Suzy

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

that's a good kind to get. I've started many an irreverent thread, and gotten censored plenty of times - and gosh darn it, I'm proud to say it! I'm gonna close this here thread.

xxxx, Carrie

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.