Clematis tanguitica

(Zone 4a)

Easy from seed.

Thumbnail by taramark
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Wow beautiful!! adding this one to my list of "needs"

(Zone 4a)

That is such a pretty yellow flower! I bet that would look nice mixed with a purple coloured clematis as well.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Awesome..how long from planting seed to bloom?...Jeanne

(Zone 4a)

Okay I saw this exact plant on sale at Candian Tire for 4.99. It is just a dept store but I got so excited but the plants didn't look that great....maybe only 2 feet tall but lots of dead leaves and stuff....I guess I shouldn't buy it?? Would it be okay for next year?? I have no idea...sigh...

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Dawn..that is a great price..get it!!..It should be pruned back and fertilized and watered and would do well for you in your gardens!!...Jeanne

Denton, TX(Zone 7b)

Have my eye on this one as the foliage is supposed to be a pretty bright green. It's always so interesting when the foliage is beautiful as well as the blooms. It's available at Brushwood....have always been so pleased with the plants they've sent.

(Zone 4a)

Well I think after reading your thoughts I will go run out and get one. I hope there are still some left...I think there was only 6 left 2 days ago. Thanks ladies.

(Zone 4a)

This is the secnd year for the vine.

The first year I kept the height to 12" so the roots could develop,
which is needed for the plant to survive in Zone 4.

The vine is quite large this year. I give it plenty of water.

(Zone 4a)

taramark do you have more photo's of this clematis that you could post as well? I wouldn't mind see what your whole plant looks like now....thanks.

(Zone 4a)

The older part of the vine is on the left side, over Fritz, who insisted on
being in the picture. The newer growth is mostly on the right side
and extends nearly to the edge of the picture.

I could have done a better job of guiding the newer shoots.

Thumbnail by taramark
(Zone 4a)

Thanks! Looks good to me!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.