If Yer Not Too Busy

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

I know I've been gone forever, sorry about that. It's been a bit nutsy around here...and no time to esplain now either.

I just posted this on the Perennials forum, but I'm going to post it here too, just in case any of y'all might have any ideas of where I could order from....thanx in advance. I can't wait to get back here and look at all the great pics!

Just posting here to see if anyone may be able to help. I'm looking for the 'Hope Coneflower' aka 'Echinacea Hope'. I need to buy this as soon as possible and I need it to be as large as possible, I can't buy a baby plant. I also need this to be from a good source according to the Garden WatchDog.

Here are my reasons...and I'm not trying to bring anyone down, so please skip this paragraph if you're having a bad day already. Last Friday we lost my Uncle in a car accident. I know there will be tons of flowers at the funeral and besides, they fade in a week. My poor Aunt is in advanced stages of breast cancer and I don't know that she care for the houseplants that florists have to offer. Because of the advanced breast cancer I *need* a mature plant. The Coneflower will be a gift from my SIL, my DH and I have already ordered the 'Remember Me' Hosta. With each purchase of either of these plants Walters Gardens (the hybridizers ???) gives a contribution to the Susan B. Komen Breast Cancer Research Foundation. The funeral is Tuesday and we plan on giving a card w/ info and pics of the plants inside. We will plant these for our Aunt if we need to, our cousin lives right next door and he will care for them this year, next year they should be fine on their own. I'm so glad they chose these plants as the memorial plants and not something fussy. Anyway...

Could you please help me find the right place to purchase from? I would so much appreciate it. This means a lot to our family.
Thanks so much,
Heather

This thread has 19 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!