Sometimes I think I'm ADD, but certainly not lazy...

(Zone 5b)

I was just reading a couple threads on what works for some in the way of "general" cleaning & picking up...Zones (however you break them up if it's FL's zones, or your own zones)...

My problem is not in the method, so much as in the 'staying on task' part. I know many of you can relate to this:

Come home from work, must start dinner. Need a pan. None clean. Here's one by the sink...we'll just wash it and use it.
Can't. Sink full of dishes.
Proceed to load dishwasher.
Sink is now disgusting...get out the scrubbie, and do sink.
Where's the towel to dry my hands? (not where it lives)...ah, here it is on the counter.
Ick- I need a new one, this is yucky...must take it to the laundry room.
May as well start a load while I'm in here.
May as well fold this load that's in the dryer...
Oh, here's a buck in a pocket...I'll put that in my purse in the kitchen.
What is all this crap on the counter? Mail, receipts, seeds, more crap...must do something with all this...proceed to clean up counter...
Toss things away...things won't fit in the trash, so that shoud be taken out...take the trash out.
Back to counter...what are these seed heads? They need to be spread out so they'll dry
Proceed to get out a pile of tupperware so you can spread various seeds out on the counter.
Hear voice from the other room: "Honey, what's for dinner?"
Shoot.

(but the dishes are done, and the trash is gone, and the laundry is sorta worked on, and the counter is, well, messier than it was before, but...)

Can ya RELATE to all this??!!!

How do YOU stay on task if you're as flighty as I am???

This thread has 33 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!