moon light garden

Saint Simons Island, GA

does anyone have suggestions for a moonlight garden that would work with plants that do well in a coastal environment. i gather they should be silver or white for the most part.

i am thinking of re-doing a small hidden garden i have right outside my bedroom that no one but me can see (this is separated from my kitchen garden with the grey/silver plants by a deck , lilly garden and a hedge of red tips, gardenias and vitex, thank you

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I like my "Snow on the mountain", Euphorbia marginata, It really shows up late in the evening. I have it planted in a little island garden just off from a security ligh. At dusk when the light is trying to come on, these plants just shimmer.
http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/221/

This message was edited Jul 27, 2007 12:02 PM

Thumbnail by Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Will your little bedroom garden have room for a Brugmansia? They'll bloom even when small and the scent lights up the night.

This message was edited Jul 27, 2007 12:02 PM

Thumbnail by Cordeledawg
Cordele, GA

Put in a gardenia for evening fragrance, tall Formosa lilies, moon flower vine either white or lavender, Artemesia 'Powis Castle', white phlox 'David'. All of these are really heat and humidity tolerant in my experience.

Beth

Corpus Christi, TX

I have a book called The Evening Garden : Flowers and Fragrance From Dusk till Dawn by Peter Loewer (purchased from Amazon). It has a lot of planting ideas for moonlight gardens!

Saint Simons Island, GA

turtle_35206: thanks for your suggestions i have put them on my list. looks like i will be preparing until fall and planting then.

Saint Simons Island, GA

luciah: thank you, i just came across the name of that book reading some internet downloads yesterday so it is helpful to know it has some information i could use, sometimes its hard to tell from a book's description if it would be really useful so i appreciate your feedback

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.