Would folks be interested in a Roundup?

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I was speaking with another DGer about this and we thought of organizing an end of summer roundup in the Winston-Salem area.

Was thinking tentatively about the weekend of August 18th.

Just looking to get an idea of how many folks might be able to come before I reserve a shelter. Thanks everyone!

Vegas,NV Filbert, SC(Zone 7b)

OH how I would truly love to attend another round up with you fine people but since this house hasn't sold finances are tight.

How fun for you all.

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Well, CARAT, it looks like it would have been the two of us, lol!

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

You are not giving up the idea yet, are you? Have you posted the ? on other forums? There are lots of local folks on the hosta forum! Don't ask, Kara;-)
Bev

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I'm so unmotivated..heeehee...last time I ventured into the hosta forum I came back with so many hostas after I swore I was cutting myself off...lol.

Not giving up yet, though

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

I wish I could swear off...no, really!! Sheesh! Who am I kidding??

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

LOL....we've never talked about hostas before and we probably shouldn't.

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

*snork* Ok, never happened;->>
About those gingers....

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

I would love to go, but am off on a boat trip the month of August - to DC.
Entlie

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Sounds fun, Entlie, enjoy your vacation.

tggfisk, Hopefully I keep all these gingers alive so that next year...lol. I do love hostas but if I could find something more drought tolerant I'd replace mine....ducking and running for cover...lol

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Keep ducking...but put them up for trade for something else! Coneflowers, etc. You could check out sites for xeriscaping for more drought tolerant plants. Anyone think of one? I think High Country Gardens, or something? I'll check. I used to get catalogs from one or two. Also check out Santa Rosa Gardens, they have some low water requiring plants.
Or, propagate them, and put them out for your first 'yard sale'...I know that people that are interested in landscaping, but not necessarily collecting, like getting hosta and don't care if they are named.
NOW run;-) Here comes the business!!!

Rock Hill, SC(Zone 7b)

I have never been to a roundup but would be interested. Isn't there some nice hosta nurseries in the area? Is Plant Delights in the area?

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

ppgirl~Plant Delights is in my area...Open House again in September;-)) Always a fun place to be!
Bev

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

There we go, now we're getting reasonable, tggfisk---Raleigh should hoost a roundup in Sept. ...there we go...lol

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Well Bev do we need to get together and try to stir something up?

I don't know if we have missed Tomatopaloosa or not but its a neat thing here in Raleigh also.
Alot of people from this board go to that.
Lavina

surfside beach, SC(Zone 8b)

I would be interested in a round up in Sept. if we can combine it with the open house at Plants Delight.I have been planning to go for about 3 years.

Rock Hill, SC(Zone 7b)

My MG group went to Plant Delights in June and I wasn't able to go and everyone raved about it! Would love to make it out there and see for myself. Everyone did come home with considerably lighter wallets though. LOL

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Uh-huh.....sounds like Raleigh's calling......lol

moretz, I'll just have to go to your place before then..lol

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Whoa, nelly! I've never even BEEN to a round up...So all you Raleigh folks...let's see what we can do! It sounds like it could be a real event!
LavinaMae...Tomatopaloosa??

Rock Hill, SC(Zone 7b)

These are the dates for Plant Delights fall open house.

Fall 2007
Friday, Sept 7 8am-5pm
Saturday, Sept 8 8am-5pm
Sunday, Sept 9 1pm-5pm

Friday, Sept 14 8am-5pm
Saturday, Sept 15 8am-5pm
Sunday, Sept 16 1pm-5pm

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

It's a function where tomatoes are brought to to taste from all over the US. Its held at the Reddy Creek Park and dinner is pot luck and etc. I will look and see if we have missed it.
If so maybe we can catch next years.
I think Shoe usually goes to it.
Lavina

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

I was there Friday and picked up a Giant Thailand Elephant Ear and took it to the coast and planted it. Leaves get up to 6 feet accross.
My pocketbook really gets lighter when I get close to there.

Lavina

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Howdy, Lavina, and all others!

The Tomatopalooza was held this past weekend at a new location (a farm outside of Efland). I didn't get to go as that is a busy market day for me but from what I understand it was a big hit, complete with music and entertainment this year in addition to the over-200 varieties of tomatoes to sample!.

Oh well...hopefully next year!

Plants Delight is a great nursery; I hope ya'll get to go meet there (and plan on spending a good portion of the day!).

Shoe

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

How about you, Shoe? Can you get away and come, too? Efland isn't that far from here;-)
Bev

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi,
I am new here but I live in VA... and depending on the date we can come.. :-)
Susan

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Where is Plant Delite?
Susan and HELLO EVERYONE...

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Susan, welcome, Plant Delights is outside of Raleigh, NC.

Not sure what date....tggfisk and LavinaMae..lol

This is so classic...a mark of a good social worker is planting an idea and then seeing what other people do with it ....lol

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Well I just found this forum... The last RR I went to was 5 1/2 hours away so this is nothing for me..LOL
Keep the bee buzzing in everyones ears... I would love to meet new people...
Susan

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Susan
Danville is just a hop skip and a jump from Raleigh.

Lavina

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Don't I know it...LOL about time I find a group a little closer.. Not leaving my other friends but this is wonderful....
Susan

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Ok! Looks like Lavina and I are hosting a round up. Details to follow. Check the newer thread!
Bev

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Link to the signup thread
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/755450/
Bev

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

I am sorry but we are going to another one that I said we would go to... They are very nice people and I will be meeting all of you at the next one you have and meet allot more nice people...
Susan

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Enjoy yourself, Susan

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

I wish I could be in both places at the same time..LOL Next time I will come closer to home..
You all have fun.
Susan

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Have fun and if you want to just take a trip down sometime let us know and we maybe can get together.

Lavina

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

That is really nice and will keep that in mind... :-)
Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.