Keystroke misses

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I'm hoping I can get some help with a problem .... I've got a Dell desktop (about 4 years old). I didn't like the original keyboard, so I have switched it out a couple times before. About 6 months ago, I tried a wireless keyboard/mouse, but found it would occassionally miss keys that I know I typed. I tried changing batteries (often!) which sometimes lessened the problem but did not resolve. Lacking any other solution, I assumed it was the wireless setup and I replaced it with a new USB keyboard ... but this one is doing the same thing! I don't have this issue with my laptop or keyboard at work, so it's something odd with this computer. I gave my original keyboard away, so can' go back to it.

I'm also getting some other odd error messages peiodically, so I wonder if this keystroke issue is a symptom of something else. I've run some diagnostic tests (primarily Norton utilities) and nothing has resolve the keystroke issue. Although I've been around computers a while, I'm not a techie, so am out of ideas.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Linda

This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!