Wildflowers in Oakland County

Pleasant Ridge, MI(Zone 6a)

New to the forum. Any thoughts on the best places to shoot wildflowers and butterflys in Oakland county?

Thanks-
Don

Thumbnail by onehorse
AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome Don to the forum. I am in Arenac county so I can't help you with your question. Have you tried to contact your local garden club? Usually they know all the good places to find such places.

I hope you come back and share some of your pictures with us. I love the one you posted.

Brenda

Thanks, Brenda. Will do.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Love the wildflowers. We have quite a few here in the spring, but later in the year it is pretty spotty.
Looking forward to more of your pictures and welcome to DG.
Happy Birthday Loon!
chick

Lexington, MI(Zone 6a)

Welcome Don,
I grew up in Oakland Co., there are lots of wonderful parks and public gardens to visit. Have you been to Cranbrook Gardens? It's located just up Woodward north of Birmingham, go west on Lone Pine, just past the light, the entrance is on the north side across from the church. They maintain wildflower gardens as well as formal gardens. Or, out to Meadowbrook. I think Independance Oaks is in Oakland. Visit the webpage for North Oakland from Michigan Land Conservancies for directions to their properties: http://www.nohlc.org/PropertyDirections.htm They have wonderful nature walks for families.

Hope you'll share your pictures with us. I put some of mine from the Troy Garden Club garden walk on flickr. Just search for the garden walk.
Jeane

Thanks for the info. I've taken hundreds of photos out at Cranbrook. They do have an exceptional Bog Garden and I am always finding new plants there that I can't ID. It's great fun. We visited 7 Ponds near Metamora last week and they have a wonderful sanctuary with a very diverse group of habitats. Lots of things to explore.

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z214/justbeamensch/7%20Ponds/

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

welcome Don to the forum there are many helpful people here. I live in allegan county in south west MI. so i cant help with your question either, but here is aphoto of a butterfly i took in my yard this mornimg. its on my ligulara plant i really never notice one on here before. love the ligulara, one of my favs... Have a great summer day. Ronna

Thumbnail by gardenlady123

That's a beauty, Ronna. Thanks for sharing. Got a few shots of Monarchs today but some days they just don't sit still for me. Maybe that's what makes it fun.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

well this one didnt turn out as well as i wanted but the butterfly is there. ill try again. they love the turks caps also. news to me im thrilled. Ronna

Thumbnail by gardenlady123

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.