CLOSED: I take pictures of them but don't know the names....

Celaya, Mexico(Zone 10a)

....so have to ask the Pros here :)

This fellow was sitting there very still hoping that I wouldn't see him/her

Thumbnail by PanamonCreel
Celaya, Mexico(Zone 10a)

This one was eying me very carefully but let me come very close

Celaya, Mexico(Zone 10a)

Not far away a few more

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

#1 a Cedar Waxwing
#2 possibly a Cooper's Hawk

Marlton, NJ

Great pics PC!!! Thanks for posting them!

Marlton, NJ

That's a juvenile Cedar Waxwing; right?

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Absolutely stunning photos - I felt like I could stroke the feathers on the hawks!!!!

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Nice pictures! Those hawks are awesome!

Citra, FL

Great sharp pictures! And you captured a picture of the rare Headless Hawk!! Wow...

Just kidding...nice pictures!

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Wonderful photos Panamon!!! Stunning detail on those hawk pictures. What kind of lens do you use? I agree with everyone's assesment of the juvenile cedar waxwing because it looks so much like the parent but with camaflouge. :-) I am thrilled when I see waxwings here and I have never seen a juvenile one so your photo is a special treat for me!!

ROFLOL - "headless hawk" You are too funny halo!

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Yep, juvenile Cedar Waxwing and juvenile Cooper's Hawks.

Resin

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

ah ha now my brain freeze has lessened (told ya Milan I knew that juvenile bird).......now if I could only have the flash prior to ten others naming it ;)

Celaya, Mexico(Zone 10a)

Thanks for the IDs folks!!!!

Re.: headless hawk, yeah I was scratching my head when I saw the headless thumbnail the first time wondering how the heck I got a headless photo posted :)

Re.: lens used, I had my "Universal" 18-200MM VR Nikkor mounted for that picture. It's not the sharpest lens in my arsenal but as said in the intro this fellow allowed me to get really close at around 5-6 feet (with a few branches in the way though) which allowed me to frame him nicely.

Pam, get another slushy and freeze that brain again :)

Another pic just to make sure that the head is still there ;)

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

LOLOLOL oh c'mmon 122 F is pretty nasty (by the way that system is ever, ever so slowly heading your way). :)~

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Wow, I'm impressed that you could get that close! Those are amazing shots with a 200mm lens.

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

I really am in awe!

Lawrenceville, GA

Great photos, Panamon... especially that incredible one of the hawk looking right at the camera. Did you have a rat in your other hand waving it at him to get him to pose like that?!?!?! Seems to work at the kid's portrait studios... albeit, not with a rat, in most cases.

Celaya, Mexico(Zone 10a)

LOL, no attention getting toys used, I think he would have smelled a rat if I'd done that ;)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.