painted vinyl shutters..did I use the correct paint?

Shenandoah, VA

We removed and painted our vinyl shutters over the weekend, using a 100% acrylic latex paint. They were painted the same as their original color, which is a deep green. Now I am reading where we should have used an acrylic and urethane mixed paint on the vinyl shutters. Do I have anything to worry about here? If I did use the wrong paint, can I simply coat the shutters with a clear polyurethane, either by brush, or spray can, or use some other clear coating? The 100% acrylic latex paint we used was a thick paint and dried fast. We gave each shutter 2 coats. It said on the label that it was good for vinyl siding (I would never paint vinyl siding!) It didn't mention vinyl shutters. I also didn't see anything about urethane listed as being one of the ingredient. Thanks.

This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!