Any flower arrangers here?

Warren, PA(Zone 5a)

Hi everybody,

A few of us over on the Cut Flowers and Floral Design forum are trying to start something fun (we hope): the "DG Electronic Floral Show" http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/751393/ The idea is to create floral arrangements and get some feedback from other DG members. If anybody is interested (in posting a photo of an arrangement or serving as a kind-hearted design critic) hope you will join in. I know you grow fantastic flowers, so I figured some of you might be "in to" flower arranging as well. I'm a beginner, just trying to learn.

On the Dahlia front, I've got good news and bad news. We had our first bloom a couple of days ago (a very nice "B" sized white). That's good news. The bad news? It was supposed to be a "Thomas Edison" (tuber purchased from one of the highly rated suppliers on DG Garden Watchdog) so I'm a little disappointed. At least it is healthy, and a couple more are on the way soon (Goshen Calico and Dueil du Roi Albert) and the buds appear to be showing the correct colors so far, so who knows? I'll post photos when my photographer/spouse returns from a trip to the in-laws.

Thanks,
BDale

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.