my 4 o'clocks won't open!

Gravette, AR

I have been watching them for a week and they just don't open all the way. They open part way and then drop off the next day. I thought maybe it was my soil but the one I planted in the container is doing the same thing. They are "limelight" 4 o'clocks. Here is a pic taken at 8pm. If I poke them just little bit they open all the way but if I don't they stay shut. What could be wrong? I went out and looked at dark and they still haven't opened.

Thumbnail by gotpeace91
Gravette, AR

Here is another pic. Any ideas?

Thumbnail by gotpeace91
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

I couldn't find my limelight seeds this year so I don't have any experience with this kind..... very pretty foliage.. I noticed my "regular" ones aren't opening as much as they have in the past.... hope someone sheds some light for us. It's been VERY hot and humid here, wonder if that has any bearing...... but then every summer is VERY hot and humid..... we had a late spring freeze....

Gravette, AR

It has been very hot and humid here too with more rain than usual. These are from seeds planted this spring after the freeze so that didn't affect them. hmmm. I just don't know. Maybe it's too much water. I'll lay off the watering and see if that helps.

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

I've been watering mine everyday, sometimes 2X, maybe I'll lay off, too. Sounds like it's worth a try.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.