Brian's window # 2

Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

Well I've been looking at the first one and it certainly hasn't grown on me. The general form is OK, but the colors are too vivid for their stairway landing, and it's a bit too small also. This is the one I had first planned to do for the 4' X 5' opening, but have scaled it down to 20 X 35 inches. It will be quicker to build and easier to install. ( I hope ) I had a nice sheet of gold GNA sitting around waiting for a home so it will be happy to surround the cattails and Iris in this window. GNA is so neat, and it cuts like butter. The saw is a lifesaver when it comes to cutting the complex curves and little 'inroads'. OK, so I didn't putty the last one. I can do that anytime, almost, and I'll probably give to friend John to hang in his woods with the rest of the "retired" pieces. Doncha know, when you get to the point when you know what the thing looks like when its done, there ain't no need to finish it cuss ya got to start something new that you don't know what it will look like when its done.

Thumbnail by balvenie
This thread has 35 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!