Ice storm 2007...Before and After!

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Thought I'd share some before and after pics of the infamous ice storm we had in January..Rose

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

This is early spring right after we had the trees trimmed.

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

This is yesterday!

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Should have gotten a better angle!

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Oh well...you get the idea!

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

I think I'm on a roll!!

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

My faithful 4 o'clocks!

Thumbnail by dellrose
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Wow!! Big difference there!! Looks great!!

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Thanks Pepper. Was your area hit by the ice storm? We didn't have power for over a week so we didn't know who was affected?

Yes, we got hit. I had to drive in ice storms, ice piles and smooth ice on the roads this year. lol. We never lost power though. Back in 02 though we were without power for 9 days. This storm didn't compare to 02 for us. This storm was a piece of cake as long as I managed to stay out of the ditches. lol. But it still was a bad one especially in other areas of the state.

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Thank goodness for Spring !

LOL.

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Wow! Looked like a tornado went through! I've lived around here all my life and experienced ice storms. So devastating, plus being without power can cause more problems inside. It's really amazing how everything looks like there was never a problem in the spring pictures. Kind of like life. You suffer a blow and feel tattered and abused then, with help from loved ones you brush yourself off, smooth your appearance and all is renewed. Thanks for sharing the pics, Rose!

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

You are so right Aunt! It was a reminder to me that nothing ever stays the same and yes life does go on. Our birch tree in front of the windows was completely bent over and hitting the ground. I thought for sure it was a goner but it slowly made it's way back up and never lost a twig. Today it is the prettiest it has ever been and provides the living room with the coolest shade all day long. Thanks for looking and have a wonderful day.....Rose

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I has no power for 27 hrs that icy storm this year. So, I fell 2 times on after icy storm...

It so terrible to fall down on icy that I though it clear and little wet like black. So, I did fall twice on my knees and right hip... It really big OUCH! lol... I has been final through heal up on my hip.

Icy on my driveway is 3 inches thick!

Anna ~ Rusty

I fell so many times I was joking around about how long it would take to do it again. lol. Most of the time it was when getting out of my truck. Foot down and down I go. lol. Thankfully I was wearing at least 3 layers so I had plenty of padding. Finally the admins there bought us all Yaktraks which were lifesavers. I still carry them in my truck waiting for winter time again.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.