I think I lost a post about daylilies...

(Zone 4a)

Okay I swear that last night I posted a question on daylilies and I can't find it anywhere today (scratching my head). I must have been half asleep? Not sure...anyhow I will repost again so please forgive me if I posted this under something else but I looked everywhere and can't find it???

Okay I have rectangular area where I would like to include maybe 4-5 daylilies but I was wondering if there was anything taller I could plant between them that flowers? Should I just leave it as a small daylily bed or do you think it would be too crowded with more plants? The length is about 6-8 feet long. Any ideas?

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

You could put taller dahlias at the back with daylilies in front, instead of in between. Crowd it with daylilies but leave a little path (the size of a few slate) to get back and tend the dahlias.

How deep is it? That should have been my first question!

(Zone 4a)

Maybe only 2 feet wide.....but there is no wall or anything on either side...it is against my patio stones which are level to the ground.

Let's have a picture, Dawn! Lay out a hose in the shape of the bed you want and we'll work from there, okay?

(Zone 4a)

Hey great idea - I will try to get one posted by tomorrow... thanks.

Pawling, NY(Zone 5b)

Dawn

Don't see another daylily posting from you.. If you look in "My Info" area, you can check your posted threads.. I have to say, I've had plenty of dreams where I wake up and actually thought that I did what I had dreamed.. That's how I missed a flight once. I actually dreamed that I got up, got ready, even called for a taxi in my dream and woke up thinking I was on the plane only to find out that the flight took off an hour ago and I missed the flight.. But in my dream, I made the flight.. :) And the dream was so real too. Harsh reality check when I woke up..

I tried that for Dawn, Icosden, and didn't see a thing so maybe she posted on a daylily thread?

Wow! That's some dream! Ended up being a nightmare.

Pawling, NY(Zone 5b)

Pirl.. You're telling me.. I get very very vivid dreams.. In college during one of the finals, I fell asleep. But I dreamt that I finished the entire final. In my dream, I even struggled test questions. My dreams gave me my own test questions. The professor woke me up after the final and suggesting that I finish the test at his office when he realized that I was sleeping and saw that my entire exam had one question started that trailed into a scrawled line... That was a major nightmare..

And I think that link post all the postings one made regardless of which forum. I know I use that sometimes when I'm looking for info that people gave me in the threads...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.