July 21, 2007

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

Good Morning everyone!

Good to see some new farmers posting! Welcome.

We've had some good rain here. Corn looks good and is tasseling. I have been moving hay.. I bent the rear hay lift on my tractor and had a really bad flat.. But , I 'm back in operation with my tractor ..

Was anyone else as interested in the sharp increase in the price of soybeans in the last couple of weeks? I think since it looked like another drought , they were being bought up.? But now that it's rained here in the Midwest the prices have dropped. It seems that so much more acreage is going into corn and hay production and less into soybeans that should drive the price up as well.

I am also hoping hay prices come down because of the rain .. Maybe there will be more grass? At least here in the Midwest.. MaryE, I think maybe it's still dry there.?

So much speculation in marketing.. I guess it's always been like that.

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!