Tropical storm

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Aloha!
We have a tropical storm passing just south of the big island. Carol are you swamped? We are hoping that we get some of that rain because we are in severe drought conditions here in south Maui. Likely as not we will probably just get some of the wind! I have battened down the hatches just in case it hits while I am at work tomorrow.
Let us know how you are doing Carol!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

So, Jenny - did you get any much needed rain? Everything okay?

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

No! We didn't get a darned drop - not even a whiff! Too bad, we really needed it badly.
I heard the surf is up on the other side, so we are off to body surf tomorrow if it's not too high. Two years ago I tried to keep up with the guys and broke my arm in two places so I am a little more sensible now - could have been my fool neck!
Did you get rain Carol?
My grandaughter Ashley is flying in tomorow for a visit before school starts again in Arizona. She is now 17 and has her license and many friends on the island, so we are not sure how much we will acually see of her, but we are excited anyway!
Warmest aloha to all,
Jenny

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Take care, and don't get to carried away. And enjoy your visit!!!

Yokwe,
Shari

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

HI...not MIA, just busy. 'Cosme' was underwhelming...just a good drench of rain (3" I think) and hot and muggy. We have lots of trees around us which breaks the wind... Sun is out today....YAY. Thanks for thinking of me... Sorry you didn't get rain...

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

I know things can get hectic. But know we are thinking about you, and try.....try not to get so busy that you can't say a quick howdy now and again. :-)

Yokwe,
Shari

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

;>( my bad!!! I was in Honolulu 2 days to give a talk on Hoyas and visit the Botanical gardens...then came home to chaos...it is always chaos, dont know why I am surprised!!!

I promise to be better!!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

:-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.