Tom Watson Watermelon Festival

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

The fourth annual festival will held August 4 at Hickory Hill, Tom Watson's historic home. It is in Thompson Georgia, just a short hop across the river for those of you in the midlands. Its a frre fun day for the whole family, even if you are not partial to Tom Watson watermelons.
http://web.georgia.org/net/calendar/details.aspx?calendarid=25566&s=139446.0.29.3011

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

I wanna come! 2 bad i moved from the midlands.... that makes me think of a song.... y'all have GOT to play Watermelon Crawl by Tracy Byrd there. it would be perfect! can you post songs? im gonna try....

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

I am more familiar with old country song, Watermelon Hanging on the Vine. but you could always come early and participate in thier two mile race called the Watermelon Waddle. Starts at the old depot at about 7:30 am.

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Don't worry about trying to post the song...it's in my head now, thank you;-) And exactly WHAT would you be doing at the festival for that to come to mind, hummm???

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

lol i was jk... but i'm under 21 anyway... hardly even 16, so i wouldnt be doin "the watermelon crawl" anyways... of course it doesnt stop SOME kids my age!

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Thank Goodness!! Anyway, it sounds like 'a hard day's night' to me. Whoops! Showing MY age;-)))
My DD is 18 and heading for college...I don't think she'll be doing the 'watermelon crawl' either...at least not if she's serious about med school!

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

she better not! lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.