Mortifolia
Seratofolia
Lady Margaret
Lavender Lady
Coccinea

Pots? Ground? Help!!! lol

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/490/index.html

Pots, they are not hardy here. Very pretty though.

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

I bring mine inside in the winter. They grow like crazy all over the basement! They are doing pretty well outside right now. I'm waiting for a few big fat buds to open. Any day now.

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

What size pot is good? I didn't think they would be hardy but didn't think it could hurt to ask, lol

When you bring them in to the basement do you cut them back or let them continue to grow? fertilize? lighting?

So many questions!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Been on my wish list for a while but still haven't gotten around to them. Please post your experience. I'll be getting them at some point.

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

I have to cut them back before I bring them in because they grow so big outside - usually all over the front step railing and onto the pillar at the front door. When they are inside I use a grow light in a home depot clip on light fixture attached to the curtain rod. I fertilize maybe once a month or so during the winter. They grow insanely toward the light and I train them all over the curtain rod so the basement window looks like a greenhouse gone mad. So far I have not been able to get them to bloom inside though. I do have some nice fat buds outside.
Both of mine are in 8" wide, 10-12" deep pots.
I hope this helps!
photo: bud on the front steps

Thumbnail by tamberlin
Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh yes - they tend to get white fly in the winter, so make sure you have some horticultural oil or other pest treatment on hand. I've had to wash mine in the sink a few times to try to get rid of the pests.

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

That helps alot, Thank you!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Thanks, tamberlin!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.