Thumbnail by Georgiaredclay
lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Day lily

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Another Daylily

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Lily looks like Stargazer but I don't think that is what it is.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Beautiful!!
:)

Susan

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Thanks Susan, finally got some rain and it really made a difference. Just wish I had time to weed the beds. The rain made them grow too.

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Looks great Jim!! Amen to the weeds. The plants really appreciated the rain last week and this week but so did the weeds - they are outgrowing everything!!

Brenda

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

GaRedClay,

Rain makes a big difference. Too late to help some seeds planted back in April and May but I revel at the successes and learn from the failures.

Here is Fuchsia 'Gartenmeister'

Thumbnail by hcmcdole
lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Yeah I usually have a yard full of zinnas and giant cockscomb that reseeds but the lack of rain this year they didn't show back up in the number that they usually do. I do have one brug blooming

That fushia is really pretty

This message was edited Jul 19, 2007 9:18 AM

My brugs are too young to bloom - maybe this fall I'll get a few blooms. Yep, some of those reseeders are pretty enough to keep but you do have to keep after them such as celosia spicata (flamingo feather). Here is a bunch of seedlings where I threw last years plants on the compost heap. I guess the rain has caused them to germinate in the last week or so.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

You've got some gorgeous blooms, Jim! Hcmcdole your Fuchia is blooming to beat the bands too.
Glad to see the rain here in South Ga. Wishing for a long slow rain.

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

I have one brugmansia with buds, and thats all.Last year they were twice as big, and had blooms.My qustion:Is it because of the weather this year.Mike

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Mike I think it is because of the dry weather.

Thanks Jim, I hope they will be big and beautiful, and hope I can find charles grimaldi, and Dr.seuss, and for some reason they are hard to get to live.Mike

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

I have plenty of Dr. Suess. I will get you one in a few days when I have time. Dmail me your address.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, my weeds are all over the place.. Need to get out there and pull them! My brugs need some fertilizer bad! The leaves aren't as green as they should be. I never get blooms before the fall, so I'm not the least bit concerned.

Been busy.. but am very glad nature has taken care of the watering for me. I was spending too much time holding that hose and being weary of the watering police.

Susan

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Susan come help me weed and then I will come help you. LOL

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

My beds are full of Bahia Grass! I've been sitting on my fanny pulling out grass, cutting some with scissors and painting some careful with round-up. Got one bed completely cleaned out and remulched. The heat and failing to stop when I should have has caused leg cramps that you just wouldn't believe! Pure agony!. I'm grinning and bearing it though. Don't y'all just love gardening!

To me, gardening is the one thing I do most of the time, and don't even concider it work.I think "Work"means that you really want to do something else.Mike

Some gardening chores are like work - no fun but you feel better after it's done.

Last Oriental lily of the year. Long time until next year.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole
Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

I love to pull weeds.. just weird I guess.. It's very calming to me.. and gets out the aggression :)

I'll be down Jim!
Susan

As long as their is no time limit on the "weed pulling".Mike

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 7b)

Susan, if I say something to make you really mad.....will you come work out your aggression in my gardens? LOLOL

>>>"#*%_)(#^^%@^$%5*&#^)##'*(&^#^&()_&$#"
Chris :)

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Lol, Chris, then me next Susan!

Brenda

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Ha Chris, at this point, I've got weeds masquerading as full grown plants!!

Susan

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I'm having a hard time determining weeds from plants since my "could be weeds" are blooming now. :(

I have this yellow weed, 18"-24" that I as soon keep.Mike

Its NOT goldenrod!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.