Help with doll restoration (Toni doll)

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

Please help! I have an Ideal Toni (P-91) that is in decent shape but she stinks! It's that mold that smells like puke. Ugh. She is truly cleaning up pretty well. I have scrubbed her with a paste made of baking soda and Dr. Bronner's soap, but the mold is inside her as well. The arms, legs, and torso I can deal with, but I'd hate to get liquid into the head and foul up the eyes or the eye mechanism. She's sitting on the kitchen counter with baking soda sprinkled into her poor noggin (staring helplessly at her limbs...), but I don't think it will help unless I get rid of that mold. Does anyone know something safe and effective to use? I've never tried to replace an eye mechanism but I guess I could do that (unless someone warns me not to) if there's no other solution.

Also, she has some discoloration on her face that won't scrub off. Is there a remedy? It's not bad at all, and I have no plans to do anything but put her in my doll collection (which is solely for fun!) but it would be nice to get her perfect if I could.

AND, lastly, will vinegar mess up the plastic and/or paint?

Thank you for any suggestions!

This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!