What's Blooming?? # 6

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

I think that rsquared's real name is "Pie".

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Well, maybe first name :-)

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Some math humor there, Candyce??!!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

isn't math humour an oxymoron?

Absolute - ly!!

I just couldn't help it. Sorry. It just jumped right out of my head and into my fingers!! LOL

And besides, everyone knows that pi are squared, but cornbread are round - right?

Math was never too hard for me so I did find humor in it. There were a bunch of math majors in college who wore denim jackets with the square root sign on their backs - they were the Radicals!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

groan . . .

*sigh* (and I HATED math!!)

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

actually, I regret I didn't take more math. My goal before I die, is to go back and take a degree in math, just to prove I can do it. :-)

Then you will be even less 'useful', remember??

Kerhonkson, NY(Zone 5a)

Bela Lugosi DL $13.99 on sale at Garden Crossings ... $10.00 not on sale at Marietta's Garden ... not sure about the shipping differences though ...

What size / quality is Marietta? I can vouch for quality and customer service at GC.

Kerhonkson, NY(Zone 5a)

Double fans or better except on new introductions ... freshly dug, state inspected is what their site says ...

Thanks crock.

Marlborough, MA(Zone 5b)

Hay gang,
Been off DG for a little while. Not much happening this week. The weather as you know has been rainy
I've only had a couple of DL's open. One of them was a no name that my wife planted a couple of years ago.
The closest I can find is "Benchmark" from a DL book. I have "Fooled Me", "Tuscawilla Tigress", "Muscadet" ready to open this weekend.
Even though the garden isn't as full as a lot I see you guys have, I have had several people comment on the garden as I work in it. I really like the fact that people passing by are enjoying it.

And now for my daily question. The first person to answer correctly wins an all expenses paid trip to, "The State Of Confusion"! A lovely place that I spend most of my day.
I have a seed pod from my Stella that will open soon. Should I plant them right away or can I save them and if so, how long can I save them?
Love & Kisses,
Chuck

Thumbnail by dogwalker
Finger Lakes, NY(Zone 6a)

r-squared has been my screen name for years. My first name is not pi or pie, but Rose and my maiden name was Randall so RR, or r squared. My married name still starts with an "R" and sounds terrible with Rose so I go by r-squared....Rose Rhode yucky, but few forget it when they hear it..or they ask me my name again not my address LOL.

I am a lover of math too; it always came easy to me, so I like the humor and the humor about the oxymoron.

Victor--I followed that inverse usefulness thread too...loved it. I do not have Pink Double Delight yet but want it. Razz is quite a bit taller. I want to put them together.

Rose

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Could have been Rcubed then.LOL

Here's a full shot of my Ruby Giant today.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Finger Lakes, NY(Zone 6a)

al what a beauty!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Michaela - what dahlia is that - Yvonne?

Yes Jan I am on the National Helenium Lobbyist payroll - good work if you can get it.

Pixie Pixie Pixie - you call that a dahlia, is it in you bonsai garden.LOL

You know I bought Green Eyes for the green eyes(go figure), but I really like the color and how well the petals stay flat.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Al your Ruby Giant is beautiful! Makes me sad :( not one flower yet on mine, the monster bunny got them as buds. There are some new buds now way up high so I hope they will flower soon. Green Eyes is one of those from another planet flowers to me, but I like it and yours is really pretty.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Rabbits haven't eaten any of mine - that's too bad. Here's the pic you want - Green Envy today.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Okay that's it, I definitely need that one. Yours is just gorgeous too! Is it fragrant like some of the other new ones? Oh my I really need to get that!!!

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

What about the Coconut Lime echinacea, anyone have that bloom yet? I have some new this year but they have not bloomed yet, got buds though.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

wow am i slow... I missed the new thread..... LOL.. and wondering why it was soooo quiet yesterday..... DUH

more shots from today

Thumbnail by onewish1
Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Al - no idea what the dahlia is - or which one you are referring to lol. They were a group of 10 dahlias I bought from Brecks last spring. I saved the tubers and planted them again this year.
I bought dahlia seeds from T&M half price - it will be interesting to see if I can get any to germinate later :-)

Victor - are you delusional? You seem to think I am useful now! lol

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

i know i have posted this one before.... and I really wish you guys could smell this one.... heavenly

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

lobila

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

balloon flower - mother of pearl

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

coleus from seeds

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

white balloons

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

potentilla - melton fire... sorry if i spelled that wrong

Thumbnail by onewish1
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

this one
http://davesgarden.com/forums/p.php?pid=3755810

probably isn't - same color though - nice.
http://davesgarden.com/forums/p.php?pid=3743609

Awesome photos tonight, gang. It's been raining and raining and raining, so no photos from New Hampshire today.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi Al - no they are the same - do you know the name?

Rose:

I am so very proud to meet you!!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Love the coleus and lilies Onewish.

Seandor - of course I do
http://www.dahlia.org/cgi-bin/guide/dahlia.cgi?YVONNE
how's your one with 6" wide to grow in doing?

(Zone 4a)

Bigcityal - those big yellow flowers in the background are beautiful - can you tell me the name? They look like black eye susans with a double flower?

Venue you huldine looks beautiful - that one I have to get!

Crockny your garden is so pretty and I love the stone walk.

Seandor your gardens are really coming up beautiflly! Nice mix of plants. In the second pic posted of your yard you have some dark purple spiky looking flowers - what are those?

Just love seeing your beautiful gardens......

Any suggestions on mixing a few daylily plants. I have 2 in the back yeard that are a combined colour of yellow and orange. I would really like to find some long blooming pink ones to add in...would that be too much clashing colour? Have any idea...

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Dawn,
Didn't we go over this - you can call me Al.
Those are Rudbeckia 'Goldilocks', they sure get lot of comments from passerbys - I like that they have singles and doubles on the same plant
http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/122101/
If you can't find it I can save you some seeds.
I have this self seeded one I really like too.

Thumbnail by bigcityal

Thought you were going to break out in song Al!! The Goldilocks is nice but just not quite right.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.