What's Blooming?? # 6

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Al thank you very much for the compliment on my daylily. That really means alot to me coming from you with the SO MANY beautiful plants :)

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Hey folks ...
go to this Forum, and you'll learn all about why the thumbnails are so different.

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/749678/

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Kim - I really like the ones with the ruffles. I do have some daylilies to post once I straighten out my photos.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

One of my all time favorites...I like the double colored edging.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

This is "Longlesson Caprice" with baby's breath.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

"Baby Tiger Paws"

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

"Custard Candy"...this one smells nice.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

"Piccadilly Princess"

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Incredible! Your favorite is now one of mine!
Do nurseries come to you to expand their variety??

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Which one is that with the dark edging?? Beautiful. Celeste, do you go around dead heading all the time like Pirl?

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

You are very welcome Harper. I had no idea this forum would take off like it did. I added the link on my original post. http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/570662/
And here.

Dave - where was that posted??? It shows as the being on the forum you're proposing!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

It was in the DG forum but they moved it into our forum. If you follow it down to , I think, Jan. 28, you will see the link Terry put in. A Rhode Islander named Dina was a core regular so I was not as odd.(Plus Anita is my wife!)

Didn't realize it was so recent!! I definitely checked in pretty early on and posted once in a while. Lots of those names asking for the forum are rarely seen now.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

You did? I thought you just appeared this past winter.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Have you clicked on member names yet? Pretty cool (especially if they have a pic).

From a flaming bush maybe?? No - I've been on DG since September of '04. I did not become a 'regular' on NE until early this year but I hit and ran a few times. Photos was my first regular forum.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Were you ever told about the fine for hitting and running at this forum? ;^)

Wasn't around long enough to hear! I did not get into the forums for a while. I used the other tools and added to PlantFiles and GW. Slowly got into the forums - Photos, then Trees & Shrubs and eventually NE. Seems we started DG around the same time!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Yes, I noticed that. Is that when you sign up to pay or just sign up?

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I'm thinking about signing up - what are we talking about.LOL

Pixie - I would like the first one if it had a name.

Victor - Mardis Gras flowers earlier than the rest of the helenium.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Good Morning......I guess everyone likes the first daylily! If my memory serves me right (on 1 cup of coffee) the first DL is
"Dream Legacy" Sorry I left you hanging!!

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Here I am again, trying to catch up. A new thread...all the reminiscing, Dave & Anita are married again (or still), Al's pushing that helenium (I'm convinced he gets royalties LOL).

A big welcome to ngam. I can see that you are already settling in. If you have any questions at all someone will step right and answer them for you. Everybody here is great!

and WOW..all the great lilies and DL's!! not to mention all the other pretties. Al, I love your 'Double Trouble'. I have 3 helenium now, but no yellow yet.

Kim, I like the 'round' face DL's, too. and the ruffled edges. I've been buying just for color, but I'm finding other things I like. Here's some that are just blooming that I bought last year.

'Highland Cranberry' ~ as Pixie said, first bloom is not usually the best. and I'm hoping it will get darker

Thumbnail by grampapa

Dave - I think it's when you first sign up but in my case, I subscribed on day 1.

Nice Al - do you have to keep dead heading them to keep them blooming through Fall?

Celeste - coffee and dream leagacy?? Hmm - I'm not convinced you're awake.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

'Little Heavenly Angel' ~ I was looking for a nice clear pink and I think I found it. a small plant, 16", and a rebloomer

Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

'Purple Pawprint' ~ a gift from a special friend at DG

Thumbnail by grampapa
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Gram...I was just about to start a thread called
"Where did Gram go? We lost her to retirement and rose's!!"
Glad I didn't have to put out an APB on you!
Don't worry about the daylily....it will get better and they really do need 3 years before they "shine".

I'm guess if you all like that daylily above you will like this one too.
This one is rounder but has the same dark eye and edges.

Thumbnail by pixie62560

I like Purple Pawprint Eleanor.

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

I LOVE all the pictures too. I'm not posting ALL the pictures of my DL, just the ones that really scream "post me".
This was a little NOID that is ALMOST open this morning. I think this afternoon it will look much better but I just loved the color of it.

Thumbnail by kimskreations

Hey Celeste, you just reminded me - whatever happened to Jan's imaginary friend?!!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Victor, that gram=Jan......not Eleanor. I realize she's been MIA but lets get the name right! LOL

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

oops, just realized I'm posting my small photos...sorry

here's a double of 'Little Heavenly Angel'

Thumbnail by grampapa

I was not mixing them up - just remembered when you welcomed Eleanor. This is why I use first names!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I have that one gram.....and you just I.D. it for me. Thank you!!!!!!!

So what happened to him, Jan??

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Victor....where were you last spring/summer?? I was giving away Purple Pawprints like candy!! I still have 6 plants.....will part with 3 if anyone is interested d-mail me. Had 100 of them last year.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

But you like Mauve colored right Victor?

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Victor can call me Eleanor if he wants to. I know who I am most days LOL. But it might confuse the newbies. I'd like to know what happened to my imaginary friend too. I should give him a call to find out if he really is imaginary.

this is an orientpet...'Shocking' ~ I expected it to be bright yellow with a red painted interior, but I'm finding it so beautiful as is that I hope it doesn't change. it's huge.

Thumbnail by grampapa

Yes, that one is gorgeous. Isn't the Pawprint kind of rose colored?

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

OOOH that is so pretty gram :)

Here is a shot of Art Gallery Fringe this morning. This poor daylily, last year I promised it out in trade and I had a hard time removing the fans. I was left with one tiny fan and never thought it would make it. I still only have the one little fan but it has 1 scape full of buds. I notice the flowers are much smaller though. I NEED to leave things alone and let them grow but I love trading.....it's such a toss up *lol*

Thumbnail by kimskreations

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.