What's Blooming?? # 6

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

WOW!! #5 got long really fast! Sorry to all our dial-up friends if it was taking a long time for you. My gardens are almost in "explode mode" as they have mostly daylilies and lilies. It seems like we are a bit later in peak bloom than we were last year. Just makes me appreciate them a little more by having to wait longer.

I want to start with another picture of "Lady Eleanor" as the first bloom on a daylily is usually not it's best bloom. This will be very evident if you go back and look at the last picture posted on the old thread versa's this photo.
We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/747277/

Here is "Lady Eleanor" making her second apperance here at DG.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Thanks Celeste. Eleanor is indeed a beautiful lady.

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Thank you Victor!! LOL Eleanor

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

So far (I'm not going to post them all as I can't seem to put names to alot of them) my favorite daylily picture (still lots to come) this year in the garden has been:

Possibly Antique Rose?

With over 60 (used to be named) daylilies out there and having removed the tags, it gets VERY hard to remember who is who. I just enjoy them for their blooms now *lol* SOME of them though, it's hard not to forget their names *lol*

Thumbnail by kimskreations
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Does look like "Antique Rose" but who cares....it's pretty! I just bought A.R. this year...no blooms yet.

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Celeste, you will love it.....such substance and nice round face (I LOVE flat/round faces)
You have some VERY pretty daylilies, your gardens must be simply to die for! All of your plants look so happy and healthy :)

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

wow... Celeste my friend I am coming for a visit eventually... you are not so far from Brigitte right???

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Good morning everyone!!

Welcome to our newest 'best friend' here on the NEG forum. I have been here just under a month, and I can't believe how warm, welcoming, friendly, sharing, and informative everyone has been to me!

I have no new photos today - yet (LOL). Yesterday's excursion around the gardens yielded glimpses of buds on my 'pistachio' clematis. I am so excited about that, as I have babied this little one since Mother's Day.

It's a dreary, rainy, wet day here in southwestern New Hampshire. I hope everyone else's weather is much better than mine! Although, I guess I really shouldn't complain. I don't have to water anything.

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Hello Candyce,

Dreary day here in Southern Maine.
Let me say "welcome" again as I guess I missed your initial posting.
I never knew that so many knowledgable, kind, caring, generous people existed until I joined Dave's. My subscription here is so invaluable to me. It truly is one big family here and I feel so blessed to be a part.
Welcome to the family :)
I just found the NorthEast forum and have to tell you....I love hanging out with all of them!!! Great Forum and I'm so glad I found it (only took me 2 years *lol*)

This message was edited Jul 18, 2007 1:36 PM

You know Kim .... you are right.

Whenever I am feeling the need for some laughter, I come here to this forum. The antics!! Oh my!! And, oh yes - the beautiful photos of all the flowers that I wish were in my garden!!

PS - I LOVE Kennebunk. I have been there many times to just wander around like a native - not a tourist. There's something about that rocky shoreline that draws me back time and time again. I haven't been there in a few years. It's time I went back. That is, if I ever GET some time to myself!!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

That is so great to hear! About a year and a half ago, my request for this forum was granted by Terry. It has been my home on DG ever since. I think it is friendly & funny too.

My family and I will be heading up for our 4th annual Ogunquit visit. Any recommendations for places to eat or visit?

Have you ever been to Ogunquit, Dave? I used to LOVE the Marginal Mile when I visited in the area. It was one of my favorite places to sit and think.

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

I am TOTALLY ashamed to say this (ducking head) but I have lived in Kennebunk for 14+ years and have NEVER walked either Main Street Kennebunk nor Main Street Kennebunkport. I think we have driven through Ogunquit before but I have actually never been there. We are real home bodies and once I go out to the garden to play, I don't leave *lol*. I'm not a real "shopper" etc. so I feel the "urge to splurge" *lol*. IF I do, I prefer to shop in my nightgown, cup of coffee on E-Bay *lol*
Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Yes Candyce, I love the Marginal way. Also found a conservation area, Rachel Carson I believe, that we all liked. Know any family tolerant good restaurants?

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

My FAVORITE family type restaurant is the Bonanza in Sanford. They have the BEST salad bar with both hot/cold items. The kids can have as much or as little as they want and the prices for the meals are very reasonable.

Dave - I was not aware that you requested the forum. Thanks!

To be honest with you, Dave, it has been years since I was there. OK, I'll admit it. Almost 20 years!! My how time dies fly!!

I can remember HOW to get to some of my favorite, off-the-road, eateries, but I can't even remember their names, and I imagine that they are not there any longer.

I used to live in the Hampton, NH area where I had been transferred by my company at the time. I love the ocean so much that I got out as often as I could, just driving and walking up and down miles and miles of seacoast in New Hampshire (short seacoast), Mainem and Massachusetts.

So, now that you have gotten me 'homesick', I guess I'll plan a little trip for later this summer.

Oh yeah - Ordiorne (was that what it was?) where there used to be a WWII outpost to watch the seas for the enemy.

OK - I simply HAVE to learn how to spell!!!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the tips. Is Orddiorne a place to see near Ogunquit?

Yep, Victor. I can't believe how it keeps growing. Anita and Andy were always here , and for some strange reason, Al too.

Started with 'A' I guess. Do you remember exactly the forum started?

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Pirl was an original too. Here was the request & link to the initial forum.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Thanks Dave for starting the NE forum!!

Hugs and kisses,
Harper

PS you missed posting the link.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Oh yeah, welcome Candyce and Ngam!!

Harper

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Where am I again?

New changes - haven't figured out links yet either.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Kim - I like that dl.

New calendula for me 'Touch of Red'

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

My wife is working on her butterfly bed and wants to create a certified Monarch waystation. I feel it's fair to point out all the weeds she has in it.

visitor

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

All these daylilies with the ruffles are certainly turning my head. They're all gorgeous. I ventured outside to see what was still standing after the severe storms that just passed through. Venosa Violacea that I've been waiting for

Thumbnail by venu209

Al, let your wife know that the butterflies love hyssop (sp?)
There's a few weeds they like too

Thumbnail by venu209

A drenched Tuscan Sun

Thumbnail by venu209

My new little Violet Filli (supposed to be hardy to -30)

Thumbnail by venu209

And Tahitian Sunset..... a bit blanched

Thumbnail by venu209
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

I just got VV clem this year and I am very impressed so far. It is just a baby and it is already over 5' tall with lots of blooms. Also got Betty Corning but that one is acting like the first year baby it is. How long have you had Yours? How is TS with blackspot, does it stay clean for you? Very pretty pics of all.

Huldine sending up it's second round of cascading flowers

Thumbnail by venu209

ngam, VV just went in this year for me also. I have it interplanted with a rose and so far ALL the clems that I planted with roses are outgrowing the roses by about 4 to 1. I'm not sure which TS you're referring to, but neither one had a problem with BS last year although both have been plagued this year. Go figure!?!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Hey - new trick with the photos - I love it!

Onewish - the house is not a hotel. It's a house that we rent for the week.
Dave - I'll be in North Carolina - I don't think driving through Jersey will cause any permanent damage. I may have a hard time coming back though.

Wow - I remember the beginnings of this forum. It's basically the only place I really hang. I check some other areas now and again, but this is home! Victor - I think it is in the A's - Anita, Al, Andy, Arlene [pirl] - Dave was the odd one out!

Well, we had quite a storm today. My water meter read 7.5 inches of rain. And that was in an hour and a half to two hours!! I'm sadden to report that my neighbor's retaining wall didn't work. I'm glad for me as I didn't have that much more water, but he had the same and he worked so hard on that thing.

I'm getting real excited about the trip - one more day!!!!! The only scheduled thing is the cocktail hour on the dock to watch the sun set!!!

Thumbnail by Anitabryk2

And a potted black elephant ear that came with one leaf no bigger than my thumb

Thumbnail by venu209

Beautiful venu. Does everyone else experience the delay when clicking on the pic before it opens??

Anita, I giggled at that also. The only way you'd come back as a joisey girl is if it pours rain and you end up watching endless Soprano reruns. Oh, but wait, I AM a joisey girl....did you say permanent damage???? lol..don't forget the obligatory OBX bumper sticker

Yes, and it took me a minute to figure it out. The little battery type thingy. Must be an addition to allow videos

But I just went back. If you open a pic previousy opened, the little battery type thingy does not run. And remember to close a pic by the "x" or you will exit out of the entire thread.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.