Food Safety...all the more reason....

Caneyville, KY(Zone 6b)

I'm sure everyone has heard all about the tainted pet foods, the spinach & peanut butter scare, salmonella in seafood, and now...........hamburger made out of cardboard? Antifreeze in toothpaste? Unsafe garlic, apple juice, vitamin C? The list goes on! It makes me wonder how many of those times when I just didn't feel right were directly related to tainted foods and/or ingestible products.

How can we protect ourselves? The answer lies within the many, many pages of this forum. Growing and raising our own food, filtering our water, learning ways to be less dependant on commercial products. We are so lucky to have so many knowledgeable members here to share their experiences and inform those of us that are just now getting on the bandwagon of sustainability.

I, personally, started this journey to get out of the rat race of city living. I have been reading about and half-heartily planning for this for maybe 20 years. My new husband and I took the first step 5 years ago by buying our 15 acres. As I learn more about what can be done to become self-sustaining, I become more obsessed to making it happen!

Robin

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!