large PVC pipe platform feeder?

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

As we are heading toward the end of summer I have been thinking about making a platform feeder for outside my dining room window. That is where our deck is so 4 feet high would be window level. I was thinking of making it out of PVC pipe (water proof) with a screen top for drainage and drying out of seed. Do anyone by any chance have any plans or ideas for making something like that? I'm thinking that it would be a great attraction for photos.

Marlton, NJ

Can't seem to find any plans for PVC platform feeders but maybe you or someone else could just get 2" pvc pic and using some type of saw (possibly Jig) cut 1 slit lengthwise down each pipe slip your double screen into the slits and use the correct type of glue and secure with C clamps (corners would have to be mitered).

Can you tell I know nothing on building things,haha?

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Good idea! I was thinking of making it like a four foot tall table with the screen for the top. (maybe 2 feet long and 1 foot wide) Some twig perches would be good for photo opps! Was it Trois or Linth that clued us into that great idea? Now that hubby is feeling better I was thinking I would start asking him for advice. Hopefully then he'll just make it ha ha ha!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.