Okay heres one I'v never seen!!!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

one of my Iris I got from a company is suppose to be a rebloomer and it did but it has no stalk just the flower is comming what looks like out of the dirt.!!!! what happend any ideas
Gloria

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

got a picture
i have had this happen on re bloomers in sping they bloom to early or something for my climate it was a white and i thought trash had blown up around fan, it was bloom !
right at ground level .
Never did bloom right i tossed it after 2 years .

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I took a pic Tazz but I have no Idea how to get it from my camera to the thread will have to see if Ican get the grandson over here just weird I wonder if I'll eventualy have to toss mine that one did not bloom this sprig at all there just new this last fall
Gloria

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

I wouldn't worry about it, Gloria. After the funky weather patterns we've all experienced here in the Midwest this year, be grateful that you got bloom at all! I'm sure the lack of a stalk is just a manifestation of weather-related stress. I bet your iris will bloom normally next year.

Laurie

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Shure hope your right Laurie time will tell thanks
Gloria

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

okay now the yellow ne dod the same thing what gives is it something I did or what ????
gloria

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Relax, Gloria. It's not anything you did. The irises have been in the ground less than a year, so they're not fully settled in and acclimated yet. They'll be fine. Just wait till next year.

Laurie

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I hope your right I'm about to have a melt down like when yor kid gets sick the litte mister thinks I'm nuts Breath breath.
Gloria

Saint Bonifacius, MN(Zone 4a)

I back up Laurie's prognosis. I have shorter flower stems on a lot of other things this year too. Some of my daylilies think they are Iris graminea: their flowers are tucked down inside the foliage, just like graminea normally does.

Thumbnail by Leftwood
Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

One of mine, Oasis Sunset, did the same thing last year. This year it had long stalks and bloomed above the foliage.

Reynoldsville, PA(Zone 6a)

i think it's the crazy weather we had this year or not planted long enough. i had 2 of my purples do that same thing and about 8 tall bearded that bloomed correct and 200+tb and la's that have yet to bloom at all but the leaves all look nice,lol.

my rebloomers haven't come back yet not sure when they are supost too but my yard blooms a week or so later than everyone elses here so mabe they will yet. everything was esablished plants but i put most in last year this is my first for any blooms. i'm just thankful anything bloomed,lol. i can't wait till next years blooms in the meantime all my daylilies are blooming like crazy. this is my first year to enjoy them as last year only 4 plants bloomed this year i have about 30 daylilies blooming. i've added to both so next year ought to be an awesome display of beauty!!
silkie

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

gosh I feel better I was just sure I did something wrong. But next year I bet thay will be just beautiful
Gloria

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.