Good and Bad.

Klamath River, CA

Went out to fill the feeders this morning and Lancelot....Prance-a-lot was waiting for me. It's good when he comes to visit because the Scrub Jays stay away while he's here...it's bad because all the rest of the birds stay away too. I don't think Lance is happy about all this smoke in the area.

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Beachwood, NJ(Zone 6b)

Beautiful pic! No I am sure the birds are not happy at all with the smoke. When the pines burned a few years back the birds were long gone for some time... so sad...

Marlton, NJ

Thats the nicest pic yet!

Scott Bar, CA(Zone 6a)

That's your best pic yet! Yeaah, it's getting pretty thick around here. I'm not dredging until it thins out a bit because the compressed smoke gives me a raging headache. Oh well! I've got 19 Steller Jays, 9 Mourning Doves and six Blackheaded Grosbeaks at the feeder right now despite the smoke. Did the Tom Martin fire break out or something?

Bill

This message was edited Jul 15, 2007 12:20 PM

Jeffersonville, IN(Zone 6b)

He's the most gorgeous thing ever!!!
I know they are mean, but still, to have that in my yard, would be amazing!!

Klamath River, CA

Bill.. the Tom Martin fire is in good shape, but the ones down near happy Camp are burning quite well. Calling for voluntary evacuation in Happy Camp. The fire North of Quiglies store has burned down to the river and is putting up a lot of smoke.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.