spring water project

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

dyson was here yesterday and with some investigation it appears a large job to utilize my spring to water my garden the way we thought. however, the old pumping system from the spring (before cutting it off for city water) appears mostly intact, and if the cage in the spring actually holds the pump, he may be able to hook it up for me.

if nothing else, i can then pump uphill to a cistern and from there gravity feed the gardens. i supposedly have 2 garden workers coming today and hope to get them to clean out the spring overflow area and the wire cage in the spring. the water is very low right now, no recent rain, but it sure will be cold!

dyson says we can put the whole house back on spring water but the low flow right now worries me. doing it with solar power is more of a problem because of all my shading. however, the electric costs here are much cheaper than the water costs so it will still save me some money.

This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!