Golden Sunshine Vine

Riverside, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi All,
I am really looking for this vine. Has anyone out there heard of the Golden Sunshine vine? It is beautiful and I am really in search of it.It has bottle brush like flowers on it and the colors are Orange and Yellow. I saw it at my local nursery but they are not selling it as it is in the ground. I took a piece of it to see if I can possibly root it. And they also told me that it is very hard to find. So now I am on a big hunt and I won't quit until I find one. lol

Thank You,
Norma

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Possibly some sort of Combretum? Many of them are vines and have bottlebrush shaped flowers in variations usually of red, yellow, or orange
http://davesgarden.com/pf/adv_search.php?searcher%5Bcommon%5D=&searcher%5Bfamily%5D=&searcher%5Bgenus%5D=combretum&searcher%5Bspecies%5D=&searcher%5Bcultivar%5D=&searcher%5Bhybridizer%5D=&search_prefs%5Bsort_by%5D=rating&images_prefs=both&Search=Search

Riverside, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi Ecrane.
Thank you sooooooo much. That is the one. Now I am going to go on the internet and find one. I just think they are beautiful.
Again, Thank You
Norma

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Try Top Tropicals and Gardino, I think I've seen Combretums available from both of them at various times. There are a number of different species though, so if you're looking for one species in particular you may have to look beyond those two places.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

njb let us know if you found it any where other than TopTropicals. I checked them out and they have it but shipping in 2 times more than the plant itself costs!!

This message was edited Jul 16, 2007 1:24 PM

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

With them and Gardino as well the trick is to find things that they sell in 1 gallon or preferably smaller containers, a lot of their things are in 3 gallon pots and those plants are big and heavy and VERY expensive to ship. But shipping's much more reasonable on the smaller size plants, unfortunately half the time the plant I must have only comes in the 3 gallon size!

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

That was on a one gallon plant!!!

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Was the plant on sale? I've seen the shipping cost on the 3 gal's be more expensive than the plant itself but never on the 1 gals unless they were on sale. You also save some if you order more than one, maybe that's why I've never noticed the 1 gals being that expensive for shipping (I can never order just one!). Shipping's still not cheap, but for plants that I can't find anywhere else I'll try to ignore that!

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I was trying to ignore it but everytime I added a plant the shipping went higher. The one gallon was on sale. It was regularly 14.99 on sale for 9.99 I just could not convince myself to spend 40.00 on a one gallon plant.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.