The time I've missed!!!

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

I should hang out more in the Georgia Gardening Forum(sorry I'm usually hip deep in Coleus Forum), I just discovered my new second home,Callaway Gardens.And its only 2.20 hours drive from me.Now why didn`t I know about this at least 5 years ago? We had a great time and we have already planned the next visit for the last weekend in August for the Hot Air ballons festival.

I promise to get my 'hips' out of the Coleus forum and stay more closely involved in the Georgia forum.

One question can someone tell me any more of the Great Gardens I should add to my list of places to see? I promise to share my visit......
Here is the link from our visit.
Thanks Pheadra

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/748117/

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

The Massengale Gardens are wonderful in late Jan.,Feb.. (camellias) They also had a daylily garden Fort Valley.
Elaine

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Yeah it is a great place and only 20 minutes from me. Did you go to the Butterfly Center. Really nice for children.

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Is there an age limit on "children"?Mike

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Mike, I think we still qualify as children, don't you? I never want to grow up.

Brenda

Thats my thaughts anyway! Mike

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Me 2, Me 2, Me2....LOL ..........more fun being a child.. hey just remembered I had lightning bugs night before last -right before it rained.. will go out and look again tonight. Might even catch some in a jar and then set them free, of course.
Elaine

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

thanks for the reminder, Thats were I need to go!

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Mike they let me in. Should tell you something. lol

I had season passes for 5 years where I could get in free with 8 people but the company I worked for, that furnished the tickets, moved to Mexico. Hey the Christmas Lights is really a good visit also.

Elaine the last time I tried to catch lighting bugs they could fly faster than I could run. Good luck.

This message was edited Jul 17, 2007 8:21 AM

Jim, when folks like us reach the level we have, we have to start thinking.Nature made male to persue female, and the female "lightning"bug blinks 5 rapid times, usualy from a srub, or a stationary place, and the male, who blinks only twice, will spot her, and join her.All this I said because the male doesn't know the differance between the rapid blink of the female, and a small flashlight.Happy hunting.Mike

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Thanks for all the great places I can add to my places to visit.
Its true the butterfly-house is amazing DH had to drag this "kid"out of it kicking and screaming,luckily he did buy me a butterfly cup to shot me up!!!LOL

We went to Callaway gardens and had a tour with the head of the vegetable gardens this year. It was fantastic. Our group was made up of the disabled people at our church garden - they were so excited when they realized the tour guide was a frequent guest "star" on Walter Reeves gardening show (required homework for our folks).

The azaleas were on their last legs that day, but we caught them. Japanese maples were spectacular. It was a gorgeous day!

girlgroupgirl

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

That was a nice outing for your folks, GGG. That trip to Callaway Gardens makes memories for a life time for them. I do hope your church can make that an annual trip.

I love Callaway Gardens too. Only been once, but I can close my eyes and see it all over again.

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Georgiagarden3, the State Botanical Gardens in Athens is a nice place to visit.
http://www.uga.edu/botgarden/

Deborah

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.