Treatment for rust?

East Moriches, NY

Hi! This is my first year going organic for my container herbs (and one tomato). My tomatoe seems to have rust as does my Valerian. Some of the herbs have yellow spots on the leaves and I wonder if it's overwatering as I am using self watering pots for the first time this year and we had a bit of rain the past few week. No insects are visible anywhere on the plant or under the leaves. Any suggestions as to how to treat?

Randy

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Self watering pots plus rain I think would be a bad combination--several years ago I had a hydrangea in a self-watering pot, then it rained for a few days and it was just way too much moisture--you have the rain coming in from the top, and the water from the self-watering pot coming in too and that is just way too much moisture. Is there a way you can get the herbs and the tomato under an overhang where they won't get rained on?

It's also possible that the yellow spots on the leaves are caused by something else--can you post a picture?

East Moriches, NY

Here is a pic of the Angelica, since I can only seem to post one pic at a time, I will post the tomato in the next two posts

Thumbnail by rparrny
East Moriches, NY

Tomato #1

Thumbnail by rparrny
East Moriches, NY

Same tomato, different view

Thumbnail by rparrny

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.