4paws order from Noweta

Necedah, WI(Zone 4b)

This one was my first to bloom- Joyeuse

Thumbnail by Hyblaean
Necedah, WI(Zone 4b)

farther back

Thumbnail by Hyblaean
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

That is beautiful! I had misplaced my box from 4Paws and just planted them a couple of weeks ago. Most have nice strong blades coming up. Only two of the pots are struggling. Nothing to do with the glads, they were in great shape when I recieved them just a bit dry when I found them which could have effected the growth. I'm really looking forward to them.

Necedah, WI(Zone 4b)

Thanks Dmac085 :D The last time I tried Glads was a disaster. Not sure if it was me or the bulbs- probably me. It was cool to actually get blooms this time, & they are really pretty. I didn't stake them though, so they are all strangely shaped and blooming everywhich way outside. They look nice in a vase, but in the yard they just look like I messed up. I have so much to learn. Glad that yours are coming along too! Hope you post pics, I'd love to see them.

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

Hey there! My glads are just starting as I was late getting them in, and some are all which way because of new puppies that have found a way into my dog free zone and tromped them, but where they didn't they are getting tall.

Joyeuse just started preceeded by purple flora (yummy!).
I would love to see photos, too! This is my first experience growing glads.

Necedah, WI(Zone 4b)

http://davesgarden.com/community/journals/vbc/Hyblaean/51345/
here are all of mine- they've finished up
looking forward to seeing everyone else's!!

link edit

This message was edited Aug 25, 2007 7:30 AM

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

hmm...nothing there.

Necedah, WI(Zone 4b)

yeah, didn't think it through before posting :) here is the real link:
http://davesgarden.com/community/journals/vbc/Hyblaean/51345/

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

Oh, that Ambush is nicer than I thought....can't wait for mine to do their thing!
Thanks!

Necedah, WI(Zone 4b)

Thanks for doing the coop!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I planted mine very late! I'm just now seeing a flower stalk peek out from one of them. Looks like I'll have a late show this season. I'm grateful to have a long growing season here especially due to my procrastination gardening techniques:LOL: I'll try to post some photos (only if stuff looks good!) when they get to blooming.

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

My stuff looks good, my backgrounds don't. :-)

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

Mine are done. Most bloomed and I have a bunch of pictures. A lot didn't bloom, but I really don't know why.

I took 10 pots of glads to my DD's in May and she had only ONE bloom. I was really disappointed about that!! I don't know what she could have done wrong. She was so excited to get them too. :(

Susan
=^..^=

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

That's what I've noticed, one bloom per corm, but I tought that's how it goes. I know mine aren't going to bloom in most places thanks to puppies not understanding the "dog free zone" concept.

They were what Countrygardens grows for market, so I've got them planted at a friends house too, thinking I'd try the same thing. They didn't all grow, but they are just starting to bloom. There are so many big rocks in that garden, they could have not made it through them in some cases for roots! Also, we lots irrrigation water for about two weeks, so they were watered, but not as much as I'd have liked.

Purple Flora has been a much smaller glad flower than I'd expected.

Also, the one pot I grew-only one has bloomed. I think they don't like the heat on the roots. Can't be water or heat for you,as you've had plenty of water and it wasn't hot then, eh, 9kitty?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

The ones you sent me are just starting. Purple Flora will be small this year, but with the bigger bulbs that you will dig this fall, they will be great next year. Most colors have big flower stems from the small bulbs but not the purple for some reason.
Went out to get a picture. A yellow one has bloomed, but full of thrip damage. They love yellow! Ambush is spiked up & starting to open. May be ready to cut Monday.
Bernie

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

Ah, they look so nice...no dogs trotting through them....:-)
Will the corms still grow, even if flowers were stunted?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Yes, as long as the leaves aren't broken off.

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

oh good...still hope

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.