Posting Photos

Saco, ME

Could somebody direct me please to a link to help me post photos with my posts. I have my pictures stored on my hard drive in a "My Pictures" file. I really would like to share my pics with all of you northeasters. Up here in Maine things are really starting to bloom. My 7 foot hollyhock is beginning to open up and I believe it must be one called "Night Watchman" or something because it is black as coal with yellow in the center. It is wild looking!!!!! I would love to share! Thanks for any help!!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi! this is pretty easy.

If you look at your screen (you might have to scroll down) you will see a box under the word "Image" by the box is the word "Browse . . . " in a button.

Click on the button - and go find your picture on your computer. When you find your picture, double click on it, and the file is now attached to your message. You can click on the Preview button to check.

Then, after you preview - click send.

That should work :-)

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

One problem people sometimes have is that the image is not a jpeg - others won't load. It would tell you in the file of it. Otherwise Seandor's directions are right.

Saco, ME

Thanks so much. I will try it. Wish me luck. I have so many blooms just beginning up here in Maine and would love to share!

Saco, ME

Test run.

Thumbnail by musicmonkey2
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

oops - that's not a flower.LOL

Saco, ME

Sorry. Not my goat. Just a funny picture. Now I know how to do it I will go out and snap away! Thanks a bunch!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Looks like she's puckering up for Victor.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Is it Goatsbeard??! Welcome monkey! Why the screen name?

Hope it's a she. Don't get my goat!

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Is he smiling cause he's got three ears??

Marlborough, MA(Zone 5b)

Looks like my first girl friend!

Sure you want to admit that Chuck??

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Yikes!

Saco, ME

Hi Victor and all!

I laughed so hard when I saw this picture! Anyway, the screen name is because I have 2 monkeys (kids, who are now young teens by the way and would die if they new I was calling them that online!), and they are both very musical, one on violin since he was 4 (now 15) and one on piano and classical guitar (13). Sorry I have not posted pics of flowers yet. My life has been crazy, digging new beds (backbreaking) and dealing with my life with 2 teens with hubby away working for months on end. I wish I could just snap my fingers and a newly dug bed would appear. Then I could just do the fun stuff, choosing plants and planting and taking care of them!

I sympathize mm. You'll get it done and we'll be enjoying the photos. Have fun - with the gardening and your talented kids.

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

I found that with my dialup connection, pictures from my 3MB digital camera took a minute or so to upload. But if one cuts the resolution in half, the file is only one fourth the size, take less time to upload, and still looks fine on this site.

Good point Don.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Gee - when my kids were little I called them my "small but annoyings" so being called a monkey is probably preferable :-)

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

There are some free photo editing programs. I think 600x800 pixels and under 300kb is the standard file size for most postings.

Picasa2 from Google is popular.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.