We're getting ready to start work on a pets website

Hi everyone,

As you know, we're working on expanding DG in various ways. One way to expand is to create new websites in areas where there's a lot of interest. We're really excited to be starting up a new project--pets are a very popular subject, both here on DG and elsewhere, so we're going to be creating a new website all about pets, taking what's special about the pet community here on DG and expanding on it and turning it into the best pet site on the web! This forum will move over to the new site once it's created, but we want it to be much bigger and include all sorts of other features too.

This new site will be in the spirit of DG..."For pet lovers, by pet lovers", so we'd love for all of you to participate in creating this new site! Tell us what features you'd like to see in the new website, what sort of information you'd like to find there, etc. The rules would be the same as here on DG, your subscription would be valid on the new site as well, and subscribers won't have to look at ads--the goal is really to keep the great pet community that we have here already, but expand it and make it even better.

As far as features go, the sky is really the limit. We can have photo sharing of your pets and such like.

Liz (ecrane3) is going to be working with me on the development of the new site. She'll be taking your ideas and making sure it's clear to me what features everyone wants and making sure everyone's opinions are heard in developing the new site. I know she's as excited as I am about creating this new site!

Dave

This thread has 360 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!