What's blooming today? #5

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Well here we are on thread #5 and it's only July 12th. I have seen some amazing pictures on these thread and am looking forward to seeing more. I hope you are saving these photos as we had a photo contest last year. In my opinion some of these would take first place hands down! I may be partial though, as I have come to know all of you and know the generosity that flows freely here on the Northeast forum. I don't always find that on other forums.....there are a few that make me feel like an outsider. That is the reason I check N.E. forum first everyday.....it's just like home, my cyber family is here.
We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/744739/

Since so many of you liked this daylily when it bloomed it's first flower, I thought I'd show you the 2nd bloom.
"Stolen Treasure" making it's second apperance here in my garden and on DG.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

For Victor....any idea's what it is???

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Gazania

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Lost tag special.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

One of my JP Iris's that does NOT match the tag.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Aren't gazania so photogenic - and I don't even have any. I like the Stolen Treasure.
I can add one then off to work - Porcelain.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

'Gracieuse'

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Morning, Pix. you've got a rainbow going today. I do love 'Stolen Treasure'. I posted a couple of things on the old thread. I like your gazania...don't have any yet.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Al that looks like a big beautiful snowball!

My rose opened all the way so I brought it in for DH to enjoy.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Morning Gram, must be raining your way as you are here and not outside! LOL

This is my Calla Lily "Cameo"

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

This is "Luxor" an oldie but a goodie!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Al, we cross-posted. why do neither of us have gazania?? Porcelain is a fluffy beauty. I have some very fat dahlia buds!! the plants are looking a little stressed (brown bottom leaves ~ they got kind of leggy in the house before I took them outside, but some are sprouting new leaves at those points). Maybe I'm not watering them enough? we did have some rain yesterday (finally!!!)

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

"Twilight Illusion" looking better this morning. I'm learning to like this one and am hoping it makes a great parent.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I am waiting for these to open..hope they "pop" all at once!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

mmm, I love the fringed edges on the rose, and it's my color, too. just beautiful! and the calla lily...such grace! actually, it's a beautiful day. I'm just pooped. I had a helper yesterday (a friend's 13yo DD we hired for the occasional day this summer). I work harder when she's here. We weeded yesterday until the rain drove us inside. Then cleaned closets. Guess I should go outside. see you later.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

My blackeyed susan vine is finally producing more than one flower.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

My first mini dahlia bloom, it's from a patio mix so I wasn't sure what to expect.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Amazing...
I'll repost from the other thread here...
Chuck - congrats, she's a beauty!!! Eleanor and Jan, I just love the coneflowers... Victor, all I can say about 'Mauna Loa' is WOW! I also loved your scabiosa. That's another plant that I don't have in the yard. If you manage to save any seeds, I'd love to trade with you again. Well, here's todays pics. The lily opened yesterday and I was totally amazed at how much scent one bloom can put out. I could smell on the whole side of the house! Al, any idea which rudbeckia this one is [the middle one]? The marker floated away.

This message was edited Jul 12, 2007 7:12 AM

Thumbnail by Anitabryk2
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Anita, beautiful! Is that white with the red eye your Rose of Saron already in bloom??? Mine don't bloom until August and it's one of my favorites!!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Yes it is! I was surprised too. It is the only flower in my jungle of them.

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Thanks for moving the thread. 'Pixie' - I'm so sorry to hear about the plight of your HBL (hunka burnin' love, for those who wish to know). I hope everything goes much better for the both of you soon.

I haven't been out yet today, as I couldn't fall asleep last night. The little grandbaby will be napping soon, so I will be going outside to check the rest of the 'babies'.

Thanks for the comments on my foxglove photo, too. The other 'flower' is my little granddaughter, Taelar, who absolutely loves gardening with both her momma and myself. Did you notice that she wears gloves? LOL What a good girl!!

I love the gazania photos. We have some, and I like them, but only on sunny days!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Thanks Celeste. That Clematis is tough. So many in that color range. Resembles Will Goodwin with the white anthers but mine is more true blue. What rose is that? Gorgeous! Was it photographed inside?

Anita and Al, beautiful shots.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Victor, the rose is the one DH bought me, it's called:
Rose Paris d'Yves St. Laurent (Parks).
I did take the picture inside after I picked it for DH.

Clematis, I did buy 'General Sikorski' , could that be it?

Yes, it certainly could be.

Fredericton N B, Canada(Zone 4a)

This is for all the Irish who celebrate on the Glorious 12th. Our daylilies usually bloom today but due to our unusual
weather this year. I don't know if they had the strawberry festivalin the orange hall at the lake.I only have stella dor'a
in bloom

Thumbnail by agedgardener
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Jan - it's not uncommon for the bottom leaves to get brownish, they need rain/watering twice a week, fertilizer once a month or so.

Pixie - Not a bad dahlia - looks like one of the ones with the dark foliage.

Anita - I can't tell what one that is, could be a cross too I suppose.

Zorro

Thumbnail by bigcityal
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Al, the foliage is very dark, like purple-black dark. It is about 8" tall, maybe 10" and has 3-4 little buds on each plant.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

You want to see something funny. I bought a bag of tubers from Walmart called Ebony & Ivory - supposed to be red/white and shorter ones. Well here is one that I got, it looks lile Vancouver/Akita - except both of those were 5' bushes and this one is 2' Great flower to plant ratio here. Here it is compared to a hosta.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Celeste, you always know the right words to start a thread :)
VERY beautiful pictures by the way.
I had a couple of daylilies open today :)

My second bloom on Isolde(?). I didn't post the first one as it was a poly but here is the second picture (which is also a poly) go figure. All of my daylilies pictured will have (?) after them because due to the fact that I took up all the nametags, I only have pictures from 2 years ago when they HAD names to use as identification so many MAY be wrongly named.

Thumbnail by kimskreations
Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Yazoo Jim Terry (?)

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Identified as possibly Jasione. Although blue in my picture, it's more of a purple in real life. All of the pictures I googled of this fella were blue though and my soil is quite acidic so I'm not real sure why it's purpley in real life but it sure is cute :)

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

First multiple Lily shot:

Celeste, I forgot to say how much I agree with your sentiments in the opening post. I have felt the same way at times on other Forums. We have a special group here in the NE.

Here are some shots from last night. Here's Pink Double Delight.

Thumbnail by victorgardener

White Tropical - forgot the name. Someone's been nibbling.

Twilight.

Fading DL - looks like an undersea creature to me.

Another.

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh Victor, I'm not an Echinacea (sp?) girl myself but that Pink Double Delight is SO pretty :) I have one Echinancea in my garden (which I originally almost pulled thinking it was a weed) which I think might be a winter sowed (from 2 years ago?) Doppleganger but I don't know for sure *lol*

Thanks Kim. What kind of girl are you??!!

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Well.....I guess I would have to say, I'm kinda a hick/country/redneck wanna B a gardener someday girl *lol*
Alot of my garden is done "by eye" *lol* and Echinaceas have really never caught my eye other than Doppleganger, Razzmatazz and now that pretty one you posted. There are so many things out there I never knew existed before. I have been trying for the past 2 years to just keep learning and digging *lol*

Kim

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.