why won't my garden phlox bloom?

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I have about 5-7 garden phlox(orange perfection and tenor-red) Planted them 2 years ago they didn't flower last year or this year, they get sun all afternoon and are not the least bit wilted in fact the leaves are beautiful. What's the deal ya think?

Deering, NH(Zone 4b)

Mine hasn't even thought about it yet this year - still have a while to go before that happens. Orange Perfection is a mid to late summer bloomer, so may not bloom until August. I am unsure about Tenor Red's bloom time.

Of course, that does nothing to explain why they didn't bloom last year.

Metrowest, MA(Zone 6a)

I have some white garden phlox (not sure of the name) that just started to bloom yesterday. It is sitting in one of my gardens that gets part sun. I have one that gets full sun and hasn't shown signs of blooming yet.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Do they look full sized? Did they last year? were they tiny when you bought them?

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Have you tried any of the Bloom Buster type products? That might encourage them.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I got them from Spring Hill, so you know their usual size about 5-6"??? They're about 3 1/2' tall now. They look real good not yellowing or wilting just not blooming. Who makes a good bloom booster?

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

I'm not sure, but is there a chance that coming from Spring Hill they are taking longer to establish?

Bloom buster type products are all fairly equal. Try any of them and see what happens.

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

I know why I never see my phlox bloom. A darn rabbit bites off the flowers!

They love new growth. Try some blood meal but not if you have any type of hunting dog.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.