Asking a myriad of questions ...

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

:) Hello!! I've got a few here, and rather than start up a bunch of threads with one question a piece, I'll just ask them all at once.

What's best for Equine mosquito control? Monster Chubacca has a load of mosquito bites on him, identified by the buncha bumps all over his neck, back, and chest-area. Poor monster... Fly sheet wasn't working out too good - it's been SOOO humid, he was covered in sweat, and didn't look too happy being so hot & sweaty.

Which reminds me, who wants some mud puddles? I've got a bunch. Last week, my house received 11" last Monday, 2" Tuesday, 2.5" Wednesday, 2" Thursday, drizzle Friday, and another 2" Saturday. This rain on already water-logged, soaked, sandy soil ground. It's been dry all week, and expected to stay that way a while. We've got plenty of grass, but also plenty of mud...Just for grins I tried floating my truck to work last Monday. The water was running so fast & deep across the road on the way to work the back of my truck lost traction. Scary 3 seconds before I let go of the gas peddle, and the truck's back regained ground... What a mess... Shoulda coulda stayed home that day, but chose the moral high-ground, travelling to work.

What's your favorite mold-prevention concoction for leather tack? Found my tack room in the trailer had all things leather covered in mold & fungus, since it's hardly been used for nearly a month with all the rain. I wiped it all down with some good leather lotion, and brough it all inside. Is there a better way to prevent it?

Okay... for the best question. How are all the babies? How's the mare's cut leg? Everyone else getting the rain they need, or the dry weather they desire? Who wants to come to my house & learn to make horse cookies? Too wet to do much else. Romeo and I have been walking down the road a bit, and each ride is a new adventure. One day, he was scared at a tree. Another, dogs. Yet another day, a flatbed truck flying down the backroads startled him. Last night, goats! I laughed at him. He's seen most of these "objects" before. Some days, they're harmless. Other days, they're just horse-eating monsters. =)

Patiently, kindly, gently awaiting feedback(s). :)
-Jennifer & the herd...

This thread has 40 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!