Houseplant Swap - July

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

This one will be quick moving as their isn't a large amount of time to sign up. I am now taking names, addresses and list of your haves/wants.

Please note that if you list rare or expensive plants you most likely will not receive them. Please do not expect to. I will try to match everyone up with at least one plant on their list. However sometimes this is not possible, so please be open to new ideas as well.

****If you wish to join please dmail me your name, addy, list of what you have to swap and what you would like to receive from the swap. - to expedite signups, please included all information on one dmail, I will then use that dmail to send your buddy. This is very important on make this go faster, everything this way is one dmail. I will try to make sure you have a new buddy, this was something I didn't do until late last year however will try to accommodate this feature earlier.

Rules are listed below.
1. Do not sign up if you only want free plants, this is a swap not a give away.
2. Minimum number of cuttings/plugs/starts/plants is 4, however these should be different plants, not 4 of the same (the smaller number will allow some newbies to join as well) - you may send extras, small gifts if you want, this is completely optional and not a requirement. If you do send extra, please do not be upset if you don't receive extra in return from your buddy.
3. Sign ups will runs until July 15th.
4. Mail by date is July 25th or you can mail sooner if you want to. Just make sure ok with your buddy.
5. Post to forum when you pkg is mailed and when you receive.
6. If you have not sent a pkg from a previous swap, I will hold your info until that swap is complete before adding to the list.

You may sign up more than once if you so wish, it it get to big fo rme to handle I reserve the right to stop this at any time. I do include my disabled sister in the swaps, if anyone has a probelm with this as she is not a member I will remove her. I do usually take any who sign up late if I can. This way to include all I can in these swaps.

Please be open to the same old common plants, you can always use then in trading, this way it allows some newbies to be involved.

CLEAR AS MUD I HOPE!!! Dmail me any questions, comments, suggestions or concerns. I also do my best to make sure everyone gets a box even I or another generous donor has to make the box to send.

Come Join us.

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Count me in...as always :D

i have had mine plants rooting since the last swap :D

Char

Landisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

count me in also

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

You know I want in....
Susan

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Count me in! Lou

Bedford, VA(Zone 7a)

Please add me to the list!
terri

Mid, ID(Zone 3b)

Yes, Please!!

~Brenda

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

I would love to be in for this month too.These are so much fun : )
Nancy

(Zone 1)

Wish I could participate this month, but I've got so much going on through August .... I am going to be in and out of town so will have to pass probably til September. :(

Have fun Y'all. Isn't it a blast sending and getting plants from each other! I just love it!

Naturally, I'm a day late signing up. If you haven't assigned buddies, I'd love to be in on this one, too.

Pawling, NY(Zone 5b)

I see ya there plantlady. I'd love to do it but I'm out of town until late on 7/26. Hopefully there's another one in August or Sept.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Go ahead and sign up rain, I have room for you and I haven't even began to look at the buddies yet. Sorry all.

I'll dmail you right away. Thank you so much! Next month, I'll sign up on time. :o)

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

I am assigning buddies today during lunch. Sorry for the delay.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

I have the buddies assigned, however My dmail has went crazy. all are now showing up in all folders. So now I have to go through all them to find the dmails.

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Oh no!! You better go report that on Daves Garden forum so they know whats going on.Then they can fix it.Now you got me curious.I am almost afraid to open my d-mail now for fear of what I might find.Hope you get it all straightened out Sharon : (

Edited to say.Looks like you did already report it..LOL..That will teach me to look before I speak.Glad they got it fixed.I would have Freaked Out if I saw that.

This message was edited Jul 19, 2007 10:23 AM

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Thanks Sharon.I received my d-mail with my buddy : ))
My package is going out to Bluepoppy/Janet today...... USPS Priority #9150805213907609392782

Hope you like em' Janet : )
Nancy

Bedford, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks for organizing the swap!

Amy/Raingazer

Your package is going out today, USPS priority mail/ delivery confirmation 0103 8555 7490 2572 1529. Have fun!
Terri

This message was edited Jul 25, 2007 8:24 AM

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Susan51

Your package went out this morning.
Conf. # 0307 0020 0004 2402 9643
When you get it, e-mail me and I will tell you what I know about them. I hope you enjoy them. Lou

Mid, ID(Zone 3b)

Red Princess 71 your package will also go out today. Here is the delivery confirmation number.....

0304 1560 0005 8788 0528

I hope it will zoom over to you by Friday but it may be Saturday, hope your going to be home!!!

ENJOY! ~Brenda

Landisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Didn't know we were to tell....LOL I am NOT telling where mine went but should be there today or tomorrow.....>g

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Brenda,

Hello and yes i will be home friday and saturday so i will let you know when it arrives and will also takes pics.

Mine will go out today.. i am heading to the PO right now, will be back with the DC #

Char

Landisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Thank you thank you thank you cedarnest..I got my package today and I got 4 african violets and 2 streps.........I only have a couple of each and now my collection has grown...Everything was packed so well...thanks again...I am very pleased with all of them........

bluepoppy

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

You are most welcome Bluepoppy.Glad they made the trip alright.I always worry when the temps are too hot or cold.Hope they do well for you : )
Nancy

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

snboyken,
Your went out today. So hopefully you should receive it friday or saturday. I hope you like what i picked for you. I have your DC# if you want it.

Thanks so much for doing the swaps, they are so much fun.

Char

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

I am sure I will love anything that you send... :-) I am not fussy...
Susan

Mid, ID(Zone 3b)

Woo Hoo, mine arrived today and I was so happy with it all, thank you Bluepoppy!!

I took pictures before potting it all up and I'll get them on here soon....

I need to go google Silver Squill because I've never seen it before but I loved it on first sight today!!

~Brenda

Mid, ID(Zone 3b)

I'm back with pictures, just look at the nice selection of Wandering Jews! I've been wanting some ever since I got back into houseplants this past winter. I've never seen the small green furry one before, it's great! And the big purple one too!! Then there are the two I'm familiar with and wanted. Begonias are one of my favorites too! Guess I just love everything :)))) And the fact that most of them were already rooted were a big plus for me, beginner that I am.....Thanks again Bluepoppy!

~Brenda

Thumbnail by bmedel
Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Well I got my goodies from Lou (dispatcher) today.. BOY did she send allot... I just got home about an hour ago and it looked like Christmas here... :-) I also got allot of plants I did not have.. I can't thank you enough Lou...
I have not even got mine in the mail yet... I hope my person understands... :-) I had to wait until something came in the mail to me before I could send to her... Also it has been crazy here.. So Monday mine will go out to her...
Thank you again Lou.
Susan

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Brenda,
I just wanted to let you know that i received my plants yesterday and OMG..thank you so much..i loved them all...the pink panther is just gorgeous along with the pink hoya's. I love them all and will plant them..it's late tonight and i wanna plant them up and take pics. Just wanted to let you know they arrived safely and i love everything so much.
And my hubby said he loved that pink hoya and he does not even love plants....but that one was so pretty to him. So thanks ;)

Char

Mid, ID(Zone 3b)

Char I'm so glad they arrived safe and not toasted!! It's been hot, even here in Idaho, and I was concerned. I put in all the "pink" I could and I know they will have a good home!!

Enjoy, ~Brenda

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Mine are shipped... Wow never took me so long to ship something..LOL
Susan

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Here are the pics of mine...I just love them all...I have a creeping charlie just like that one, but mine does not look half as good as this one...i just love it so much and the pink panther one has got to be one of my new favorites, it's the one is the front in the light green pot...and the hoya's OMG i cant say enough about them.. I just love them all... I also got a whole gallon size baggie full of philo's cuttings, however i had some like it so i potted them up and gave them to my friend who just bought a new house....she just loved it, and it is now hanging in her living room with lots of light.

Brenda, Thanks so much for all the wonderful plants you sent...I love each one of them.

Char

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

ok so i forgot the pic...LOL here it is....

Thumbnail by red_princess_71
Mid, ID(Zone 3b)

I love your pots Char, the plants all look great in them! The pink panther has a bud on it, hope it blooms quickly for you, it's a hot pink bloom with a yellow throat, really a pretty one!

~Brenda

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I have not yet received a package. It looks like everyone shipped their's, so there may have been a problem with the deliver. Just thought I'd let somebody know their package did not reach it's destination yet. Lou

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

I'm still waiting on mine to arrive yet too.Amy/Raingazer did let me know it would be a little late tho.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

I mailed yours late dispatcher. It went out last Thursday, you should receive today.

I am sorry for my lack of being online lately. I will check the list today to see who has and hasn't received.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Also Cedarnest is going to host the swap for August. Thanks Cedarnest

Sorry again, life has just overwhemed me as of late.

I received my lovely box.

cedarnest, I've got your box ready to go out today. Since it's so late, I put some extra goodies in there for you. :o) I'll send you the DC number once I've been to the post office. Thanks for being patient and understanding with me with all I've got going on. :o)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.