Baby owl story

Sierra Vista, AZ(Zone 8a)

Hi all,

Someone suggested that I should link my story about the baby owls to the bird watching forums, so here it is. http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/739162/

It is a bit long and still ongoing, but I hope you will enjoy it.

Dion :)

Thumbnail by dionosaur
Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Great story! Thanks for linking to us bird people.

Marlton, NJ

Very cool!!!! Thanks so much for taking such great care of them, Loved the video!
Appreciate your bringing our attention to it. Their still with you; right?

Can't wait to see the pics when they fledge!

The owls are still in their "nest" in my back yard. However, they are really getting their feathers fast, so I am guessing that by next week they will be learning to fly. I'm getting sad already. :(

Dion

Lawrenceville, GA

Such a sweet story! I'd love to have owl babies NEAR my house... not IN it!
Are owls in the attic anything like bats in the belfry?

Melbourne, FL

What a great story! You are lucky to have all these owls and they are certainly fortunate to have you protecting them.

heyitsmejudy: LOL I seem to have bad (good? depending on how you look at it) luck with finding things in the attic of my house. We bought a retirement home in Roatan and it had bats living in the attic, so I think that was only the first instance of bats in the belfry. Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something?

I love critters, so both instances were interesting to me, even though the owls were noisy, messy and stinky, while the bats were just messy and stinky. :)

Dion :)

Lawrenceville, GA

I've been showing everyone here at the office your pics and they all gasp... then come closer to the screen to weigh in on if they're 1) Cute 2) Ugly or 3) So ugly they're cute!
Thanks for making my day!

They are really getting cute now, they almost look like adult owls as they have almost all of their feathers. Trust me, when we first took them out, they looked like ugly little plucked chickens, all legs and wings. I took some pics this morning, I'll post those when I get home tonight.

Dion

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.