Houseplant that had babies grow off the leaves?

When I lived in Texas, an old lady down the road had a plant, if memory serves me, it resembled a Jade, But it would have babies with little roots grow off the leaves, then you could just plant them. Does anyone know what this is, or where I can get one??? I am new to this and trying to figure out how to put my stuff on to trade. hopefully I will figure it out soon, as I love this Web site more than Blosom. Thank you.

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I think its Kalanchoe

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

a friend gave me a handful of "babies" last week. she has them taking over her kitchen window.
she called it grandfather plant, i think. she said to just throw them in the dirt and they do their thing...well see, lol

Ottawa, ON(Zone 4a)

Yes, it's Kalanchoe. Shouldn't be too hard to find anywhere that sells a decent selection of houseplants. Or check out the houseplant forum. Maybe someone there can pass some on to you.

Circleville, OH(Zone 8b)

Hi Lana

I knew you would love it here and I knew you would get answers right away.
Here at Hotel Dave's you can check in anytine you like but you'll never leave. Enjoy

Mike

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

here's a pic.. http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plants/Crassulaceae/Kalanchoe_daigremontiana.html - i'd send you some, but i'm not sure about sending plants to the us

lil

milkepiper--- yes I love it here! i haven't been to sleep yet! Thanks LOL . Really.

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

i checked out the link also..yup thats what my friend has.
its funny how the same plant is called different names.
i love it here, the knowledge is so vast!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.