Variegated firespike

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Odontonema cuspidatum 'Gray White'

I'm looking to buy it and have searched high and low with no avail. I have the red flowered solid green leaved, I have found the lavender flowered, b ut I really really want the variegated leaved one.

any clues?

kathy

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

You might give this site a try:

http://toptropicals.com/cgi-bin/garden_catalog/cat.cgi

Or this one:

http://www.stokestropicals.com/SearchResult.aspx?KeyWords=Odontonema%20cuspidatum%20Gray%20White

Good luck - its a beautiful plant!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

well, good grief, I thought I looked everywhere, LOL thanks so much

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

well, they didn't have it at either of those two sites.

thanks though, one of them had the regular firespike

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Maybe you could e-mail these two - or some of the others that you tried, and ask them? It couldn't hurt.

I didn't know about a varigated one....if /when you find it could you show us a picture? thanks and good luck ....chrissy

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

If I ever find it, I've given up on them before.

someone told me glass house works had one once, but not any more they don't

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Come on now, Kathy Ann! Think positive! You want this a lot, so it will help you find it! Don't give up.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Kathi Ann,

BlossomSwap.com has a lot of members and someone might have it that would be willing to share seeds or cuttings......

Texasgal77

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Great idea Texas! Thanks for posting! And a big "welcome" to Tropical Gardening!!! Glad to see you here!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Islandshari, Thanks! I've gotten some nice seeds from them. Some members have lots...tons...that they are willing to send for either postage or SASE bubble envelopes. (Other's are for trades only, which is still a great way to share seeds or cuttings).

Great work on all of your contributions here at DG. I really love the ones about diving and love the pictures from everyone! They are great!!!!!!!

What kind of a camera do you use to get such great shots, Shari and John?

Texasgal77

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

My DH takes the pics. He uses a ReefMaster SeaLife 3.3 mp and a Canon Underwater 2 mp - a regular camera with an underwater case. He likes one for some things and the other for other things....I am not a photographer - so this is all greek to me. John has a whooper system, and I'll let him tell you about that....I know he will be back with us soon, with all the positive thoughts going around about his thumb - it will probably heal up to be "bionic" ha ha.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.