I am trying really hard not to throw a tantrum!

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Ok my clematis florida sieboldii was wacked to the ground by my DH. Will it come back? I do not even know what pruning group it is in. I so want to throw myself on the floor like a 2 year old and have a temper tantrum. He also weed wacked my cow itch tree down to nothing!!!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5a)

Marie, what were you thinking to let DH have access to the weed whacker? :(

I was just playing around with the Clematis on the Web site, trying to find my mystery plant (it turns out I did have a clematis after all, just not one that I've been trying to keep!), and I think I found your poor baby. It looks like it's a Group 3, so maybe it'll come back after such a hard prune?

http://www.clematis.hull.ac.uk/new-clemdetail.cfm?dbkey=17

Hope this helps, it looks like a beauty!

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Well it most definitley had a hard prune!!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Marie..it should..did he get the message not to EVER go near your plants again?..Mine decided he wanted to weed and accidentally pulled up one of my Clematis "Snow Queen"..I immediately replanted her but so far she is a no-show..thank God I have 2 others of that one!!..Jeanne
Did he even leave any leaf axils?..it should come back...

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

There was the teeniest little stem still there. I actually had walked over to the area and showed him where not to get close to. It was probably the I have no clue about plants family member that was helping him that wacked it down to nothing. Between him and the damage the dog did this past weekend I could go a little crazy!!

This message was edited Jul 6, 2007 11:16 AM

South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

I showed my Dh what not to mow, and he ran over my lion tail plant. I showed him what had happen, and then the next time he mowed,....yep, ran over it again. It's still alive tho. : )

I put a flag on it. : )
~Lucy

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Funny you say that because after showing him where not to cut I went to HD to buy an
Obelisk to put over it since I just had it climbing up a spiral shaped stick. Of course he also cut down my climbing rose (it was just a baby) before I had a chance to put a tomato cage around it to protect it.

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

Go ahead. Have a tantrum!

Sounds like you deserve it!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Marie..are you sure he ain't mad at you and acting out...lotta "accidents" happening to your prized flowers hon..LOL...Jeanne

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Lol I think he knows better than to mess with my plants on purpose!! Of course when my fall orders start to roll in I will jusst refer back to all of his "accidents" and the fact that they needed to be replaced.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Clematis, "Florida sieboldii" most likely is in shock, but if you keep it well watered, give it a healthy dose of Rose or Tomato fertilizer, give it more mulch, it will most likely rebound with a vengence! It will probably quadruple the amount of roots and reward you with a magnificent show of flowers. You might even thank him for that! :~0

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

My neighbor did that to a rose about 6 weeks ago and it actually looks better now than before he whacked it. So have faith. Unfortunately he also whacked a JM and I'm sure that one is a goner. Just one more reason to spend more $$$ :(

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.