Whats blooming today? #4

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Pixie:

I just went to the Plant Files to learn more about this African Daisy. Wouldn't you know it? There's no info there. Looks like you could be the first to tell the our DG world about it, if you've a mind to, that is.

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/159819/

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

We're all addicted I tell ya *lol*. Isn't is AWESOME!
I can't wait to get out of work today....the sun is starting to break and I have a feeling I can hear buds popping in my garden which is 6 miles away right now......come on 3:00 !!! Will post pictures of any new developments. This morning I had Asiatic lilies I just wanted to pinch because they were that close to opening but I controlled myself *lol*

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I added as much info as I could...hope it helps.

Kerhonkson, NY(Zone 5a)

Pixie - Love that Tino!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Thanks crockny, it's one of my favorites.

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Nice pics pixie. Did you go out in this heat to take all of those????? My coneflower is so pale. Last year it looked more like yours!! Hope the others are darker when they blossom. Eleanor

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

everything is so gorgeous...I just can't keep up. It's like readling a 'gentlemans' magazine though...I've looked at all the pictures LOL. I'm really enjoying all the beautiful daylilies, lilies, coneflowers and dahlias that are showing up. and the occasional rose! let me look at see what I have the last few days. better be something good because it sure is keeping me busy.

I'll start with this...one...count 'em...one...zinnia from my wintersowing. at least it's a pretty one.

Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Asiatic lily 'Gran Paradiso' ... new this year

Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

'Millie Walters' ~ a mini rose

Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

'Dublin Bay', the climber on the entrance to my rose garden

Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

I thought I lost all my gaillardia over the winter...here's one 'Arizona Sun' still looking good

Thumbnail by grampapa
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Wow for someone who likes pinks & purples you sure have some vibrant oranges there!!!

BTW.....We missed you!

This message was edited Jul 10, 2007 5:48 PM

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

'Strawberry Candy' ... I think it's my favorite DL

Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

'Rosemary Rose' rose... the rose which is dedicated to my late MIL, Rose Mary

Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

just in case you didn't think I had all my ducks in a row LOL. these are this years' ducklings. just learned to fly this week!

Thumbnail by grampapa
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Gram, what a nice rose to remember her by! It's really just perfect!!

How cute..and they posed!

This message was edited Jul 10, 2007 5:52 PM

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

'Benjamin Britten', a David Austin rose

Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

first bloom on sweet pea 'Perfumed Delight' ~ things often proceed slowly in my yard ;0)

Thumbnail by grampapa
Finger Lakes, NY(Zone 6a)

'Benjamin Britten' is lovely, just like his wonderful music.

Rose

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

'Glowing Peace'

Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

'Bonanza' ~ an oldy, but a goody

Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

'Sunset' is coming along

Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Al, is this a friend of yours?

Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

'Lion's Rose'

Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

'Plum Perfect' ~ also new this year

Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

and speaking of purple...here's a poppy that I wintersowed this year

'Laurens Springer Grape'

Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

and another of my old standbys...the color is a deep, velvety red that I can't capture

'Red Volunteer' (edit for sp.)

This message was edited Jul 10, 2007 6:05 PM

Thumbnail by grampapa
Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi, Rose. Glad you like 'Benjamin'. It's a beauty.

Hi, pix. missed you guys, too. not enough hours in the day. I thought retirement was all about having enough time for stuff LOL hey, you seem to be sneaking in quite a few rose pics lately ;0). love your Valentine rose!

the baby ducks are funny to watch. they cling to each other like synchronized swimmers...all move together on land and in the lake. the parents are nowhere to be seen. but if one of the ducklings calls Momma, she flies over in a flash, even if she's at the other end of the lake.

Thumbnail by grampapa
Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Yes, Jan, we saw more of you when you were working!! Great pics. I chuckled when you mentioned gentlemen's magazines (I have only read the articles, by the way) since Celeste showed us her Pear.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

great shots AGAIN today all

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

I had this one TINY and I do mean TINY bloom today. It was perhaps one of the hardest flowers for me to capture on film it was that small. I have no idea what it is but the seeds came from the Netherlands. It is very cute but you have to get real close to appreciate it. I think it must be an annual of some sort.

Thumbnail by kimskreations
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

How cute Kim!!
Gram, I have to tell ya how much I like "Plum Perfect". So much so i'll trade you which ever plant you want of mine when P.P. gets big enough to divide....you just tell me what you want!!

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Victor, now I remember why I missed you LOL and I'm sure you only read the articles, hi-brow intellectual that you are ;0).

I've almost finished planting my wintersown perennials (191 as of today, 368 when you add in annuals and seeds started inside). This is seeds only, does not count plants or ROSES. Just thought it would be nice to get it done in time for them to actually grow some roots. If most of these guys make it thru the winter I should have a heck of a cottage garden next spring.

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Proud mother of 7 pure white Lady Slipper pods which are getting fatter with each passing day :)
I pollinated all of them this spring and they all are going to have babies.
If the bees won't do their job......I will *lol*

Thumbnail by kimskreations
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Thanks Eleanor - nice coneflower, I think I'll get some ;)

Pixie - I'll pick Twilight Illusion and the delphinium from yours today as favs.

Gram - I sent some of my insect friends by you. I like Strawberry Candy, Glowing Peace and Lion's Rose.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I don't post a lot of wide shots.

Victor - the picture window is not original to the house, there were 2 smaller lead glass ones there I was told. The bay window is original - which seems a bit odd for Art & Crafts.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Wow, Gram you sure were busy.
Not wishing for those severe storms but I do wish we'd get some rain. It keeps missing us, my lawn is getting crunchy.

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Jan, I was just starting to post last night when the lights flickered, so off went the computer. I wanted to tell you your blooms are beautiful. You have been very busy. Kim - cute tiny flower and congrats on your Lady Slippers. Al - love your house!! Eleanor

Parkville, MD(Zone 6b)

My first Lilies,

'After Eight'

Thumbnail by 3516planter
Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Very nice everyone. Al - great butterfly! Jan, congrats on your one zinnia. I just love them. Today's pics were hard to take as my lens kept fogging up. But here they are. Al, the solid yellow zinnia is the runt you wanted me to rip out ;). The Clematis finally bloomed after 4 years. I guess it heard me when I threatened to junk it if it didn't perform this year!

Thumbnail by Anitabryk2

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.