Whats blooming today? #4

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

it was hot around here but I came home after work and gardened (veggies) until 9pm.... I only left because the stupid japanese beatles started attacking me... yeah, I killed a lot of them.... but one got entangled in my hair and I screamed when I was washing my hair... yiks...

cleaned up an area, laid some gravel, and prepared 10 pots to plant some herbs...really fun stuff!!!

Thumbnail by Kassia
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Man, I wish I had a digital camera, all the pics are great! Anyway, my hostas look like they'll bloom any second. My coreopsis that I planted this year just bloomed. The hydrangea is starting to fill out nicely (a very dark purple). The zinnias(oklahoma) I direct sowed are just about open, my smallest nasturtium are blooming(the ones that didn't get weed whacked) :)

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Nice pics everyone and Jen you do need to get a digital camera. They are so much fun. My oldest daughter got me one two Christmases ago and I have enjoyed it very much. Digital cameras + computers = awsome fun!!!! You can make your own desktops, slide show screen savers, greeting cards with your own photos, etc. My June desktop that I made. Eleanor

Thumbnail by grammyphoeb
Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

I so agree Eleanor - I make my own cards with my pics.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Kass - looks good. Do the JB's eat any of the flowers?

Nice Eleanor - where's July ;)

Older or used digital cameras work fine and are a cheaper way to start Jen.

I laugh at these Red Admirals because they do all they can to get in to photos.

This message was edited Jul 10, 2007 7:17 AM

Thumbnail by bigcityal
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Al, they picked the perfect background for a picture. Stunning!!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Great shot Al. Yes Jen - check eBay.

Al - here's July just for you!! Didn't like this one as well cause I did it in a hurry! Eleanor

Thumbnail by grammyphoeb
Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Al, yes.. those horrible jb eat my roses... and they like morning glories too... oh I hate them!!!!

My first purple cone flower blossom! Eleanor

Thumbnail by grammyphoeb

Congrats Eleanor - very nice!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

My Coneflower just opened too, they must be twins! LOL

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

"Twilight Illusion" just starting to open.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

"Tino's" starting to open

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Love the darker veins in this today.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

One of my favorite daylilies....."Indian Giver".

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I love this lily...it's the same color as my S.U.V. !!
"Desert Flower"

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

"Naomi" with "Desert Flower" in the background.

Thumbnail by pixie62560

Beautiful Celeste, though I would return 'Indian Giver'.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

DH's pear's are coming along nicely.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Another Delphinium.....I know the name but it has excaped me at the moment!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Whats left of my lovely smelly carnations after the rain beat them to the ground.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

A few of my hosta's are blooming.

Thumbnail by pixie62560

Can I say, 'Nice pear, Celeste!'????

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Celeste, are those carnations perennials for you or annuals? You must have received the same "showers" we got yesterday.....*lol*. Beat my Rose Campion right to the ground. I was out there staking it right after the lightning stopped :(

Kim

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

And another different hosta.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Very funny, Victor (Indian Giver).

Pixie: What's the name of the beautiful purple one with the darker veins?

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Yes Victor, you can say it! LOL
Kim, those are perennials....planted them last August and they came back just fine.

Kim:

Weren't those T-storms something? We got hail with ours - twice. I didn't dare to go outside this morning for fear of what I might see and cry over. But I went out shortly before noon, and most of my 'babies' are OK. The daisies got beaten down somewhat and the bleeding heart, but they look like they will survive just fine.

We're due for another round of T-storms later this afternoon.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Good question Candyce....it's an annual and I buy them every year in different colors. I have the purple one above and then I have it in yellow and orange.

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Very pretty and feminine :) Looks like they'd make great cut flowers and I love the foliage on them :)

Kim

Oh darn, pixie. I was hoping you would know. Oh well.

As I was typing before, the weather center posted a possible tornado watch from 2 until 8 PM. Now, THAT would make things interesting!!

Oh boy - good luck Candyce!!

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

We didn't get hail but I could hardly see on my way home it was raining so hard. Later last night after the rain stopped it was so nice to be outside though and the heat lightning was flickering. Very serene. I was out trying to capture some night shots without running into the skunk and hoping it wouldn't start pouring again or that I wouldn't get struck by lightning all in my nightgown. Quite a sight I tell ya. Thank goodness my neighbors can't really see me out there....Martha Stewart eat your heart out *lol*

Edited because I can't spell

This message was edited Jul 10, 2007 1:15 PM

That's a riot Kim! Thanks for the chuckle.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Candyce...had to go out and get the tag. It says....."Soprano Purple" Osteospermum hybrid.

BTW.....good luck with those storms and DON"T send them ny way!! LOL
(im a chicken sh* *)

This message was edited Jul 10, 2007 1:19 PM

Good thing a strong wind didn't flare up, Kim!! You'd be doing the garden version of Marilyn's famous subway grate scene. And boy was that great!

Uh oh, Celeste. 'Soprano Purple' sounds like something you're pushing up if you don't play nice.

Thanks, pixie. I know that it's downright mugglie (muggy ugly) out there, so I appreciate you going out and checking for me. I have added it to my 'must have' list. Boy! That list is getting long!!

Yep - it's on mine now too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.