Whats blooming today? #4

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

The 'runty' one is a Starbright..it's supposed to be that way silly.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Nice Anita, you really have a good variety of zinnia. I only have the pink one in the top left, but I really like the soft yellow on the bottom right.
This opened today. "Bold Spirit"

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

This is "Prairie Blossom" a birthday gift from a wonderful DGer. Thank you!!!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

this is "Stolen Treasure" new for me this year.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Maine, United States(Zone 5b)

ooh, I really like that "Stolen Treasure"...looks rasberry pink on my monitor, which I love. How tall is that one? I really need to work on getting some better daylilies.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

And this is a no-tag-no-name. Very rare daylily, but im blessed, I have alot of these no-named varieties!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

That is a super duper photo of that one Celeste.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Yes Celeste - is that 'Stolen Treasure' color accurate?

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Noreaster, it is actually listed as a bi-tone and approx. 26-28". I have seen pictures of it as a BT and also solid like mine. I really don't care one way or the other as I too love the raspberry color.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Sorry, we cross posted guys....yes it's really a lovely color.

Check out plant files and then these. 2 pictures of the same flower but are so very different!
http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=3681969
http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=2526503

This message was edited Jul 7, 2007 7:37 PM

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

So much to comment on! Pirll your garden looks gorgeous. Victor, I like that spider DL....
Everyone, great shots. Isn't it a bumber year for gardening? Everything is so big & so green!
Enjoy!

Bumper for weeds too. In that case, bumper equals bummer.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Too true. But, all in all, I like it. I've hardly watered at all too.

No, I've had some extended dry periods where I had to water. I think I may have lost a couple of my new Clematis to insufficient watering.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Pixie - your DL's are beautiful - how many would you say you have?

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Don't make me confess......228 but pirl has more!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I think you have me by 2 - the one on the left ;)

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

But what about dahlia's Al ??? Fess up, how many?

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

93 here, 12 at work - a few without homes. I traded about 10 last week for a hosta - I don't have any shade room either or I would feel good about it.

228!! Man - you don't go around deadheading do you?

1 Hosta = 10 Dahlias. And a tuber to be named later?

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I am getting desperate. My rate this spring was 5 tubers for one hosta. These were plants.

Do you dig up all the tubers and overwinter them, Al?

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I do deadhead as much as possible. They bloom at different times anyways, so that helps too. I also have a large amount of lily bulbs, about 50 maybe. And a good amount of other perennials like iris, astilbe, bleeding hearts, hosta, ect...

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Unfortunately I overwinter about 80% of what I store. Yes the lifting and storing is work - I can't lie.

Does deadheading DL's really result in more blooms? I'm not yet convinced.

Maine, United States(Zone 5b)

Victor, I have wondered the same thing. I'm very new at all this, but aren't the buds that are there when the daylilies start to bloom pretty much the only ones that you are gonna get that season? So..I can't see what deadheading would do to make more blooms? But, I don't have very many daylilies, and I hate the way the "dead" ones look, so I do it daily.

That's what I thought. The scape has its share of buds for the season and deadheading won't increase that. Any DL experts can correct me on that.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

My 2ond favorite hydrangea (after Limelight), this is White Dome, an arborescens variety--like Annabelle. Leaves are really dark green. Very long lasting flowers. Kind of old fashioned looking.

Thumbnail by pollyk
Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

oops

This message was edited Jul 8, 2007 2:46 AM

Thumbnail by Kassia
Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh you guys have been busy.... after a day driving to ME here is what I found blooming...

Sensational - a really great looking rose... a favorite for the mean japanese beattles.... can't blame them... this rose smells really great....

Thumbnail by Kassia
Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

The Alexandra Rose... a great looking rose!!!

Thumbnail by Kassia
Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Tuscan sun

Thumbnail by Kassia
Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

ok... enough roses.... a magnificent color sunflower... I am so in love with sunflowers!!!!

Thumbnail by Kassia
Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

another one....

Thumbnail by Kassia
Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

aoh I love this daylily!!!!! they are the only ones this color and the entire row of lillies right behing these are red asiatic lilies, and the ones on the left and right are yellow... really interesting...

Thumbnail by Kassia
Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

and of course, good marigold lover can not forget one of my favorite annuals....

Thumbnail by Kassia
Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

wonderful Kassia - Take a picture of the bed. I would love to see it.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Kassia, The Alexandra Rose is a very unique and beautiful rose!! Your sunflowers are amazing too, no need to tell you how I feel about daylilies!!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

How many cultivars do you have pixie?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.