New DG forum

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

There is a new forum which may interest some of you for gardening with moon phases:
http://davesgarden.com/forums/f/lunarmania/all/

Bump
I see your threads from earlier in the year have moved into the new forum Bonitin :)

Sheffield, United Kingdom(Zone 7b)

I find this interesting, but I don't usually know what day it is never mind what phase of the moon, and what happens if it is pouring with rain when it is time to sow etc.? I think it is for very organised gardeners.

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

It's all a load of moonshine! I think it is for very superstitious gardeners ;-)

Resin

You might get a huge surprise if you tried it Resin.....

I'm very unorganised Pat, but have found that, when I get my act together, doing things with the right phase of the moon has better results then doing them when 'the weather is right'. Though my sample size is probably too small to be scientifically significant LOL

Gent, Belgium(Zone 8a)

As the phases of the moon have undoubtedly influence on the behaviour of the oceans, like we all know, why could they not have it on plants that consists for a large part of water, Resin?

(Not to speak about the influence on animals and sensitive people.)

This message was edited Jul 12, 2007 7:03 PM

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Because the tidal pull of the moon's gravity on the average plant is undetectable, whereas on a multi-billion tonne ocean, it is significant!

Resin

Gent, Belgium(Zone 8a)

Undetectable means not measurable by human instruments,(not yet) but doesn't necessarily means non-exciting.

Sheffield, United Kingdom(Zone 7b)

I once had a boyfriend who regularly went into a strange mood and I couldn't understand why until I noticed that it coincided with a full moon!!!!

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

My wife grows alot of hair when its a full moon! j/k

Keeps biting people as well... whats that all about?

They do say crime increases when its a full moon though.

The hospitals and police gear up for it too.....it is the magnetic "pull"

Fascinating!
I've noticed I tend to get a little wild on a full moon, but didn't realise that it is a generally recognised phenomenon :)

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

I don't need a full moon to get a little wild, couple shots of whiskey will do it.

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener

LOL dale

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.