Garden Diary- arrange by date?

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

I made some entries out of date order in my diary and I want them to now appear in calendar order such as July 1, 2 , 3, 4. etc. Not as I entered them July 1, 4, 3, 2. How do I do that? I thought the program put them in date order in the past, as I don't remember having this problem before when I have entered dates out of order before. I know I can switch from the oldest to the newest by entry and vice versa, but can't find a way to get them entered by sequential date order. Could be I am confused. Thanks, Patti

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Have you tried going in and sorting oldest to newest or newest to oldest and then clicking "update this tab"? It could be when you're putting the entries in, it shows them to you initially in the order you put them in, but I bet when you tell it to sort them it'll sort by the date of the entry, to me it wouldn't make sense to do it any other way. But I've never put things in out of order so I don't know for sure that this is what will happen.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

ecrane, It is not working or rather doing as the sort says, newest entry to oldest not by date as I want it. I even tried logging out after I tried this yesterday thinking it might need that. No luck. It still comes up as I entered it not by the most recent date. I was trying to go backwards in my mind as I had missed a few days. Getting old. Thanks for trying Patti

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Sorry that didn't work! I'm not sure what's going on then--if I have time this weekend I'll play around with putting in a few test entries in my diary out of order and see what happens--I always figured the system put them in order based on the date you put in not when you actually added the entry, but maybe that's not it.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Ecrane, I thought so too. I travel a lot and often don't take my computer so I thought I had made lots of entries out of order before when I was trying to catch up upon my return and the entries would be correctly resorted by date with the latest date last. It could be a new bug. Patti

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

This is a bug. ME. I did July 5 and it was below the entry for the 30th and 29th. So I looked hard at each entry for the umpteenth time and discovered I had those entered as JULY not June. Duh. No problem with the program, but with the fool trying to use it. Sorry, false alarm. I do have a new case of Lyme so my brain isn't working very well these days. Patti

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images